Dive op question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if any of this helps you but when I was there two months ago I didn't have a problem with Aqua Safari or Dive Paradise, a group of us stayed down longer while the people with less air surfaced together. Pretty independent. I also dove with Deep Blue but only for a 2-tank dive, they also seemed very good. I believed they were more geared towards experienced divers compared to Aqua Safari and Dive Paradise, I guess it largely depends on the groups of people you are with.

scubawife:
I've only had one trip to Coz, so I'm no expert, but I did alot of research to pick a dive op. From what you're saying, I'd suggest you look at the smaller boats who take a max of 6 divers. You'll be more likely to get experienced divers who are interested in quality dives. And the boat isn't on a schedule to get back to the shop for the next 20 divers booked on the 1:00 afternoon trip. We used Living Underwater and were very happy with the services, the boat and the diving. We're going back in Dec and have booked with LU.

Other shops that get good reveiws and offer the service level I think you're looking for are Liquid Blue, Blue XT Sea, Deep Blue, Bottom Time Divers, Aldora.

I have yet to hear anyone say anything negative about Liquid Blue. It will be hard to take me away from them. Christi was awesome as well! With either, I doubt you could go wrong!

I've had dive your computer dives with both Blue XT Sea and Caribbean Divers. Liquid Blue uses Steel 100's & 120's but with them we usually surfaced as a group. If one diver didn't have enough air for the mandatory safety stop, then Roberto would let them breath off his octo as he always had lots of air left. For what it is worth, most of us had all the bottom time our computers would allow and most of us used air at about the same rate, so going up at as a group wasn't a big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom