Dive on 1st day in Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tommyp

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I went to Hawaii, so I don't remember how I felt the first morning I got there. Since I will have to leave at 5:00am on the morning of my scuba dive, would it be better to just schedule it for the morning after I arrive? I get in about 3:00 in the afternoon. I am starting to think that the next morning I will probably be wide awake at 5:00am anyway since I will still be on Texas time. But will I be too hammered from the travel day to want to dive? Would it be better to wait until I am adjusted a little more, or will that just make 5:00am seem way too early?

Tom

We always dive the first day after we arrive (and everyday after!). We just make sure that the day we arrive we drink lots of fluids, no booze, and get to bed fairly early to avoid being tired.

As DM mention the only genuine concern is dehydration. My wife and I always did a shore dive before we checked into the rental.

sure, coming from the mainland you will probably be up early and itching to do something anyway. I don't try so much to get on Hawaii time, being in a different time zone makes those early boats much easier! Just be rested and hydrated.

LOL a dive before you check in! That is dedication!!!

Sean

We're screwed up like that. One time we left our luggage in the compressor room at our favorite shop. Came back all soggy, made Charlie laugh and then checked in. Funny thing though, we wished we had done two dives instead of just the one.

My experience going to Hawaii from Texas has been that I'm up and running early from day one, and I'm not a morning person at all.

It's that 1st morning after you get back home that'll kick you're butt!!...and the next week of mornings for that matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom