Dive Master Candidate Journal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well said Grier- I'm not a DM or anything, but tables are hugely important IMHO.

(BTW-check your phone)

jviehe:
Ok, Im nearly done now. While at Ginnie last weekend, i did my mapping project, which consisted of counting kick cycles to measure distances, using the compass to get directions, and measuring depth with my computer. I made notations on my wet notes. Once dry I drew it all out on paper, and added in the land features. Ill see if I can scan it in.

Last night I took my exams, and missed 1 or 2 on each exam, but otherwise passed them all. They are pretty easy, though theres a trick question here and there.

I still need to finish my rescue excercise, which I will do wednesday, and then im done! Finally!

Hey, just realized I forgot to finish this up.

After doing the rescue stuff in the pool, I officialy finished all the requirements for my DM certification, except the most important one. Paying PADI. I sent them my application and $35, and a few weeks later, I have recieved my C-Card!. Now that I am a DM, I have applied for Professional Liability Insurance, which costs about $400 a year. I still need to get my instructor manual in, and am waiting on the newest DVD version which just came out.

Also, I need to purchase some gear in order to get a seperate rig just for doing DM stuff. Cant do it in cave gear ya know? On another note, Im going to beef up my exposure protection closet due to the amount of time a professional needs to spend in the water compared to rec diving.

Next up I am assisting a OW class this weekend, and since its a boat type trip I will learn about the various waivers involved, and the process for renting and driving the boat (pontoon). I plan to move to OWSI sometime this summer, but not sure on that yet. Its 2 weeks and $2000!

Now you can joing the Instructor to Instructor forum. There's a lot of good information on there.

As far as paying PADI... you do know the 800 number, right? 1-800-PAY-PADI..

The sooner you go to IDC the better while everything is fresh. IDC is actually a FULL week. I went to EASE in Vero, and it started on Friday, and the IE was the following Saturday/Sunday. So, it was a FULL week and a day... Also, at EASE, it's $1195 and that includes lodging and food. Since I live in Melbourne, I spent about half the nights there and half the nights at home...

Good luck...

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom