Dive mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you go with a FFM, try the OTS Spectrum. It's a more affordable way into the full face mask arena.

So I have a prominent forehead and most mask end up really hurting. Does anyone get this and what dive masks are the best for this. I was thinking about maybe purchasing full face mask
But they are expensive and come with drawbacks. Can anyone help me with this.

First question no one seems to be asking is what is your current mask?

There are literally 100's if not 1000's of mask styles made, and some "styles", even though they look identical fit differently manufacturer to manufacturer.

I have a "prominent" nose and many masks have a nose pocket that tilts upward that always causes me discomfort wearing it for long periods. Took me years but I finally found a couple of masks that dont hurt. You will find one if you look.

2 masks that I have found to be very comfortable, Beuchat Mundial and Strato. Be careful with the Mundail, bunch of different companies make a "Mundail" look alike and they fit completely different. Halcyon has one that is identical (maybe just rebranded). I've used both and you may find the Strato will work. Dont give up the search and dont get a FF mask, it opens up a plethora of unanticipated problems.

If you go with a FFM, try the OTS Spectrum. It's a more affordable way into the full face mask arena.
Not sure if recommending a FFM is actually a good solution for a novice diver, especially since he would need a conventional back up mask.

Back
Top Bottom