Dive mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Djp1585

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I have a prominent forehead and most mask end up really hurting. Does anyone get this and what dive masks are the best for this. I was thinking about maybe purchasing full face mask
But they are expensive and come with drawbacks. Can anyone help me with this.

Lexvil is right. loosen strap.

If you do, avoid looking cross current. only look up / down current

Here you go

006870475_1-eed09c4559ca8357b2e7bc310ffdbd3c.png

Difference-Between-Bunch-and-Bouquet_1-e1612789987854.jpeg

So I have a prominent forehead and most mask end up really hurting. Does anyone get this and what dive masks are the best for this. I was thinking about maybe purchasing full face mask
But they are expensive and come with drawbacks. Can anyone help me with this.

Have you tried putting your strap slightly higher or lower on the back of your head? Plus, the advice to loosen up your strap a little bit is good too and worth a try.

Loosen the strap

Very helpful……
It actually was. Try it. I had the same issue with one of my masks. It was a GoPro mount mask with a stainless steel subframe. That subframe didn’t have much give, and would press on my forehead. Loosening the strap slightly solved that problem.

You should be able, with slight inhalation hold the mask to your with no strap at all. If you feel air slipping under skirt, it doesn’t fit. Tightening the strap will seldom improve the fit. I have a real hard time find a mask that fits well. Last year I wanted to upgrade from a mask with readers to a prescription mask. I tried every mask in the shop and none fit. I spent an hour on line hunting for an identical replacement for the I’ve used the last 8 years. Replacing a mask is harder than replacing a spouse (it was cheaper, though…)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom