Dive manager problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cb900c82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know of a problem with Suunto’s Dive Manager adding dives to your log? In the last two uploads, I’ve been credited with 3 dives I never did. They don’t seem to be in the computer, just in the software. One was obvious, a dive to 194 for 17 secs with 98% O2. That’s something I’d remember (my computer shows my deepest dive to 94, I remember that one). The other 2 seemed right in line with my normal profile, except the dates were from Feb. All were supposedly done in the 2 AM hour. Am I sleep diving? Thanks.

I've not had any problems with mine....

Try using the menu to "ignore" those dives and redownload....Then see if they reappear....

I have 55 dives or so on my computer, and perhaps 18 or so downloads, and I've not had problems like this.

Cheers,

Sean

Seen a similar problem downloading a Cobra, so your not alone :)

It 're-added' several dives but with different times and date tags. Only noticed cos there seemed to be more dives than we remembered.

My solution was to open a new log and re-download (perfect data) then export new & old logs to spreadsheet, massage the data then import the 'correct' info. It seemed fine when we then tried to download again. Bit of a pain though :(

Anyone got a better way?

(using dm1.4 btw)

and do the download again.

Then get out your eraser and clean the contacts.

Genesis once bubbled...
and do the download again.

Then get out your eraser and clean the contacts.

Yup. I've had the same happen. Funky dives showing up. It does happen sometimes too when I've changed one of the computer parameters using dive manager.

Delete and try again as Genesis says.

Marc

Thanks, I figured I wasn't alone. Deleting them works, but I just don't know why they showed up in the first place. As an add on, I noticed I also seem to have one or two dives that only show up in the graphs. If this were Microsoft I'd call it an added feature, but since it's not, it's a minor bug.

that you would remember 194' on 98% O2...
even if you survived.
:D

I have had one strange mystery dive show up on my Vyper. It has no date when I download it to my dive log, but here is the graph of it. Very weird.

Suppose I should have prefaced my reply with the methods I tried that didn't work =-)

<rant>
The software is ok but it isn't as hassle free as I would like, maybe they should put more effort into it. Has the look and feel of a 1-2 man project and is certainly not a 'superior tool' (never looked at the competition though.... :wink:).

If anyone's listening, put some basic data checking in for v1.5 please (remembering to put a UI in for the user to accept of decline dubious data :wink:). Accepting data when there is no date is pretty poor IMHO.
</rant>

Got a weird problem where my posts keep getting attributed to my friend.

I hate cookies and IE. Grrr :upset:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom