Dive Manager - Alternatives and tweaks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scoufr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Fun little gadget the Dive Manager... but I have some annoyances with it that I wonder if anyone's got a solution to:

1. firstly, alternative?? - is there an alternative programme compatible with Suunto? Its hard to enter info, and I don't like the printouts...

2. print-outs (the info) - I have the stinger, so my DC doesn't transmit air info. So, I always print an empty field there! The same goes for temperature (for some reason)... Is there any way I can tell the DM not to print info I don't have?

3. nr pages/printout - when I go into the printer settings, I can set it to 2 pages per printout (which would make them more suitably sized for my logbook) but when I print it still always comes out 1 page per printout. Can I change this?

Any other smart little tricks or tweaks anyone wants to share?

THANKS!

scoufr:
1. firstly, alternative?? - is there an alternative programme compatible with Suunto? Its hard to enter info, and I don't like the printouts...

I don't know of any other program that will interface with the Stinger.

scoufr:
2. print-outs (the info) - I have the stinger, so my DC doesn't transmit air info. So, I always print an empty field there! The same goes for temperature (for some reason)... Is there any way I can tell the DM not to print info I don't have?

I try to remember my start and end pressures and add them in manually.

Nope..not that I know of. But...It should be transferring your temps...air temp, water temp max depth and water temp end of dive. Mine does.

scoufr:
3. nr pages/printout - when I go into the printer settings, I can set it to 2 pages per printout (which would make them more suitably sized for my logbook) but when I print it still always comes out 1 page per printout. Can I change this?

I don't see where you can choose to print 2 pages per print out. I see where you can chose which pages to print but that's it.

Which version are you using?

Stephen Ash:
I don't see where you can choose to print 2 pages per print out. I see where you can chose which pages to print but that's it.

I am using the latest version, downloaded from Suunto.com a week ago.

About the two pages - if you go to print-preview, you have a button for "printer settings" in the preview pane. There you can go into properties, and adjust the number of pages per printout. All lokos fine, until you actually print it - then its just one page per print as always...

There's not an alternative I know of, but if you search you can find a site that has the serial transfer information to "talk" to your Suunto computer and pull the information off into whatever program (Excel or something) you want. But it requires extensive programming knowledge.

I'll post the link if I come across it again.

rainman_02:
But it requires extensive programming knowledge

oh... so that kinda does it then! My PC skills are such that once I managed to create a 'virtual drive' on my machine - I celebrated for 2 days non-stop

I understand man. I have been "tweaking" and programming for a large number of years, but after seeing the interface, I just didn't want to spend time on it at all.

If you print out multiple pages in the latest SDM, it actually creates a seperate print job for each page. That is why the 2 pages on 1 sheet setting on your printer does not work. The older SDM did not do this. I have given up trying to print my logs, the only way to do it would be to use Adobe Acrobat: Print each page as a PDF and then merge them into one document using Acrobat and then print them out. Pain in the butt and I determined it is not worth the effort. The newer SDM has alot of nice features, but it was not thought out very well. I would go back to the old SDM, but it is not compatible with my D9.

Ah! so the older DM is better then???
What are the difference in features?
thanks man

Back
Top Bottom