Dive Log Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Log 6 is a little clunky but it does what I need, I've been using it for probably 8 years, but it's MacOS compatible. I downloaded SubSurface and imported my Dive Log export as .udcf file. I tried every format offered, .udcf seemed to work the best. But now my Petrel bluetooth won't pair, I can figure it out but I just looked at MacDive and I'm tempted to drop the $25.... a little dive log drama LOL.

Subsurface has tags for dives you can use to categorize dives like you do in Dining Log. It is also possible to add pictures and videos and there is an easy Upload to divelog.de
Yeah, but it doesn't import them from DL6 :(

I downloaded SubSurface and imported my Dive Log export as .udcf file. I tried every format offered, .udcf seemed to work the best. But now my Petrel bluetooth won't pair, I can figure it out but I just looked at MacDive and I'm tempted to drop the $25.... a little dive log drama LOL.
Have you tried downloading using the Subsurface mobile app? Connecting to my Perdix with the laptop is hit or miss at times. Never have an issue when I use the mobile app.

Thought I'd post the following tidbit here as opposed to starting a new thread. It is a feature of DiveLogDT (and the phone app also) that was present before, but with only one option.

For each dive site (location), you can use a "Lookup" button to find the the GPS coordinates as long as you have the name of the site - including your location helps narrow it down - for example "Mitch Miller's, Grand Cayman." DiveLogDT uses either DIVEBOARD or Google to find the coordinates. DIVEBOARD coordinates, if available, are put in by other users of that app. You can also click on a link that takes you to the DIVEBOARD page that has info about the dive site. Before the Lookup feature, I was either putting coordinates in from what I could find or using a GPS map of some sort to guess where a site was.

Once the coordinates are in, you can click on (touch link on phone) to "Map It." This feature has been available for awhile. It will take you to a Google map showing the dive site. The DiveLog DT (and phone app) also have a link to a map that shows dive flag pins of all of the dive sites that you have GPS coordinates in for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom