Dive Log Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D

dwright

Hi all,
I have been tinkering with creating a dive log. I have a first cut...call it an alpha if you will. Please download it and try it out and let me know what you think. The serial number is 12345. Here's the link Let me know what you think.

Dale
dive deep
:scubadive

Couldn't get it to work. Error messages and missing files.

I'd be glad to try again when you get it working. (by working I mean self-loading, no extra steps)

I currently use Divemaster 2.0 by reefnet. It's OK, but I could use something better.

Ok...I found that all is not well with my install script...so I created a new one. Please uninstall the current version and download it again from HERE This one creates a DSN and everything for you. The only thing I ran into is that if you're not running default colors, the colors on the tabs aren't the same colors as the background of the tabs...(you'll understand once you see it) I'm working on that. Also in the program files/dive log/help folder, there is a help.html file that explains the basics of how to work it. There are some example dives in there as well...please enter one of your own before deleting all of the samples...I don't check for a zero entry in the database yet.

Thanks for trying it out,
Dale

Run-time error '713':

Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine.MSSTDFMT.DLL

Thats the message I get when I try to install. Keep pluggin! I have faith....

try clickin on start-run and typing regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll and see if that fixes it. I'm working with several users now so hopefully I haven't duplicated emails to you or confused issues. ;>

Dale

scuba_star:
I was able to get it to work. Does not look bad. When you click back on a previus Dive it does not populate the table.

I had to jump through hoops and chant some magic spells but it finally installed. It looks like a decent program but it still has a ways to go. Most of the data entry boxes display programming text as if it's still being worked on, and most of the buttons give error messages.

Looks good so far. Good Luck.

Strange....I have it working on 3 systems and have had seamless installs on xp and windows me. I am going to try yet another install script as I think that my problem lies in the database connection that is generated from the script. The programming text that is showing up shouldn't if the database connection is working. I am working hard to get it right. I appreciate everyone that's trying to get it working. I did upload a new setup.exe file this evening (1/11/04) at around 5:40 so if you all want to uninstall and install it again that would be cool.

Thanks again,
Dale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom