Dive Knife recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

us_navy_seal_dive_knife_1434587882_c375e519.jpg

I have one of these at home, but when I strap it on for a dive folks wonder what I have in mind, so I just use my old BFK so they just think I'm lost in the glory days.

I have one of these at home, but when I strap it on for a dive folks wonder what I have in mind, so I just use my old BFK so they just think I'm lost in the glory days.

YES, that's a real man's dive knife!!!

Here are my dive knives. The larger ones to the left of the Wenoka knife on the right are my Sportsways knives that I like because they hold an edge and have a good serrated edge. The Wenoka knife on the right is the one I currently dive.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1009.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1009.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 39
I love Wenoka for a BFK. Too bad they went OOB.

Hey Dudes - I searched around the forum for a thread on dive knife recommendations. I found stuff here and there but couldn’t find anything specific. We are headed to Key Largo in a few weeks for 4 days of diving (first dive since last August). Here is the deal. A year ago I bought a cheap knife on-line. Even with rinsing after each dive, it rusted and was just basically a piece of crap. So, on my last dive last year, I didn’t take my knife. We were diving a barge off the coast of Orange Beach and I got caught up in a bunch of monofilament. Scared the hell out of me. Fortunately, a guy with us had a knife and was able to cut me out of the mess. So, knife is now at the top of my equipment list. But I want to get one that isn’t a pile of crap and rusts even with proper cleaning. Also, I don’t want one of those “James Bond” looking leg strapped sword. Essentially, simplicity that I can attach to my BC is the ticket. Finally, I’d like to be able to find a good one on Amazon - I happen to have a gift card…… Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1. Ceramic line cutter mounted to the wrist straps on dive computer.
2. Titanium one piece tec knife mounted "DIR" style on front of waist.
Both are accessible with either hand in an entanglement. Small, simple, easy to use and no rusting.

1. Ceramic line cutter mounted to the wrist straps on dive computer.
2. Titanium one piece tec knife mounted "DIR" style on front of waist.
Both are accessible with either hand in an entanglement. Small, simple, easy to use and no rusting.
How do you access the cutter mounted on the dive computer with the hand that's wearing the computer?

For every day diving, I also have/recommend a trilobite style cutter. I have a double sided ceramic one (can't find where I bought it for some reason). It's held up well, and the ceramic blades are nice b/c they don't rust.

I don't care what people say, I have one of those and love the handle.

These days I use a different one, but of similar size.

I may not need a blade that long, but every short blade knife I see has such a small handle is not good for me. My hands are not that big either I used medium gloves, I can't imagine a big guy using those small knives.
A scalpel has less than 2" blade but the handle is designed for adult hands, why is not the same with dive knives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom