Dive Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately if you need gear rental (which the one reason the high cost might be worth it), their shop is no where near the Hyatt. :(

Hyatt Beach House resort, with the shop less than five minutes. In our dive parties, several people rented their equipment from the shop. They were more than happy to set your equipment up, though I always do that myself.

Had to drive ten minutes to get to the marina from the shop.

Had to drive ten minutes to get to the marina from the shop.
But that doesn't change the fact that Dive Key West is horribly overpriced compared to any of the other dive ops. Key West is expensive enough without throwing money away.

Besides if you have a car, the reef at Looe Key is a far better dive. :)

But that doesn't change the fact that Dive Key West is horribly overpriced compared to any of the other dive ops. Key West is expensive enough without throwing money away.

Having a car in Key West falls into the "throwing money away" category as well. You'll blow a minim of $30 a day on parking and gas. That's just throwing good dive money overboard.

Posted via Mobile Device

That's the one, thanks! Did you see any fish when you dove it? The crew told me that the fish stay back out of site when divers come and return when they leave. Don't know for sure if they were yanking my chain or not. :confused:

It being my first salt water and wreck dive my mind was not really on the fish. I was more "Holy crap! There's a big honking ship down here!" than "Where'd all the fish go?" My dive buddy and I did find a spear from a gun under the bow though.

Hello, i am planned a trip to Key West, and i was wondering if anybody has been on the charter " Dive Key West?" If you did can you please tell me how it was and what dive you went on.

Thank You,

Bret Nickley (floridadiver1)

The only 2 dive shops that I would use in Key West are Southpoint Divers or Lost Reef Adventures

Dive Key West is good but the most expensive and the shop and boat are on 2 different Islands.
Subtropic I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, you'll probably get towed back to the dock for running out of fuel:11:
Captains Corner is the cheapest on the Island but you definely get what you pay for.
Do yourself a favor and book directly with the dive shop, you'll save money and
aggravation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom