Dive Itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C-horse

Registered
Reaction score
Any ideas for a modestly budgeted Texan to go to for diving?
Mexico once a year is a MUST; however, I think there may be some good, affordable local ( for Texas ) dives. Any ideas on The Laguna Madre, Canyon Lake, the Comal, The Guadalupe and this one place I'm only vaguely aware of, it's an old missile silo, anybody ever dive there, of course there's the Blue Lagoon, too.

I had a heck of a fun time snorkeling up the tributary behind the Heidelburg Inn in New Braunfels to the small lake in Landa Park, although the park attendants didn't seem too pleased to see me. Really, I didn't see any signs prohibiting my entry from the tributary to the lake. It was, of course, a shallow dive not requiring SCUBA gear.

I live around the Houston-Galvesto area. Near Freeport. It's suppose to be a good spot because you can reach blue water faster from the port in Freeport as opposed to the Galveston. I'm willing to travel all over the state just about. Three certain spots are; Blue Lagoon, Canyon Lake, and of course Twin Lakes.

Well you left out Travis. Thats a good place. I have heard of poeple diving the jetties down there, but I'd be too nervous. Other spots..

Possum Kingdom near Mineral Wells.
Valhalla missle slio
Balmoreah west Texas
Travis in Austin
Athens in Athens
Clear Springs in Terrell
Lake Whitney

and any other lake in Texas you want to try.

Tom

In addition:
Flower Gardens (ok, maybe not "modestly priced")
Rig diving (I know it is done around Corpus, maybe further north as well)
Comal River in New Braunfels
Blue Lagoon near Huntsville (pondering a trip this weeked, in fact)

texasdiver.com lists quite a few of the most popular dive sites, give it a look-see :)

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom