Dive Insurance for japan residents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soldave:
I've spoken to the people at DAN Japan and they did inform me that things could be sent to me in English. Not sure if that included the DAN Japan version of Alert Diver or not though.
It comes to me in Japanese, though my wife enjoys it....

taliesin58:
If I have a permanent address in the US as well, am I eligable to purchase DAN-US insurance?

Good Question. I assume it depends on your legal residence status. I still have my Canuk citizenship, but gave up my residence status so I do not have to pay Canadian taxes on income earned here. (I have an official form from the Canadian gov't showing my residence status that I picked up from the embassy)

It would be worth checking with DAN to see. And would be great if you are eligible.

But if they say its ok, I'd get it in writing. It would suck if you needed an insurance payout and they refused based on an oversight/technicality/loophole.

I asked DAN Japan about english materials. They were very friendly and understanding.
They sent me the American edition of Alert Diver magazine, which they said they will continue to do so. And they sent me a photocopy of the English handbook. I sent an e-mail to DAN America asking for a proper (not photocopy) handbook, but its been a week and still no response.
Still, I'm pretty happy to be receiving the English Alert Diver!

Can you let me know how/who arranged the English copies of Diver Alert? I would also like this!

For those interested, I sent an e-mail (in Japanese) to info@danjapan.gr.jp explaining how my Japanese was not good enough, and how wonderful it would be to have the American magazines, etc etc.... (overly polite and apologetic of course)

I received a response from the Director, Funaki-san, kindly explaining how it would be too expensive to translate the Japanese newsletters, but he was happy to send me the USA Alert Diver Magazine.

Worked out well I would say! He even sent me 2 back issues as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom