Dive in Caymans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, thanks for the correction - You guys obviously know the area well, how about some "insider" dive spots?

I'm not sure how "insider" these are, but some great East End dive sites include:

Deep Dives on the NE Wall: Anchor Point, Babylon, Valley of the Dolls
Shallow Dives on the Eastern tip: Snapper Hole, Cinderella's Castle, Dragon's Lair
Deep Dives on SE Wall: The Maze, Jack McKenny's Canyons, 3 Sisters
Shallow Dives on S Side: Ironshore Gardens, Playing Field
Deep Dive on the Eastern tip: a site whose name I am not authorized to reveal. :eyebrow:

When we were in GC we stayed at the Reef Resort. Great rooms with fridge, toaster, coffee maker etc. With am dives we enjoyed having our b-fast in the room.

As far as dive ops we went with Ocean Frontiers and really enjoyed diving with them! We did 4 dives each day and one night dive. If you stay on the East end rent a car. There aren't a lot of places to eat and enjoy nightlife within walking distance. We ran into someone that didn't rent a car and they were disappointed and felt a little trapped. (Andy's is a good place to rent.)
That's my two cents...Have a great time!:D

Quick question out there....We were there a year ago Feb. We're headed back next week and wondered if anyone knew what the water temps were this time of the year. Is a shorty all you need in June??

We were in GC in March and we are back again right now. I am diving with a 3mm and my wife the same and all is well. Will give a report when I return next week.

Quick question out there....We were there a year ago Feb. We're headed back next week and wondered if anyone knew what the water temps were this time of the year. Is a shorty all you need in June??

Water temp is around 83. What you "need' in June is a very individual thing. Many don't wear any wet suit at all, while others may need a 5 mil. full length suit to be comfortable.

Thanks rcpilot44 (hope you and wife continue to have a great trip!) and Alex777 for the info!! How's the vis?

We can't wait to hit the water next week!!

Back
Top Bottom