Dive Hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minion_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at buying a dive hood and was wondering how tight should a dive hood be whenever you have one on? i have dove with a barrowed one a couple times but it was really loose around the face and allowed air in to the hood from the exhaust from the reg. i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on buying a dive hood.

For wetsuit or drysuit? What temperatures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple in different sizes you could try. A hood should fit snugly but not so tight that it restricts breathing or blood flow in any way. What temps are you looking at for using it? BTW Nav class is the 24th and I can work with you on tuition. I'd like to get another person in.

for wetsuit and for use in colder temperatures below 70-65. i went to the dive shop in my area and they do not seemed interested in trying to sell me anything or to help out at all anymore so im trying to reach out to someone that has the knowledge and cares about trying to help me out.

I know it's an extra drive for you but I'll do whatever I can to help. And now that I have access to more product lines there's pretty much nothing I can't help you out with in general terms as far as gear goes. THat applies to any of your friends as well. And I do work with students to ease the sting of buying whenever I can. I remember what it was like when I was in college and was on a tight budget. Heck, I'm still on one!

Snug and comfortable like a good fiting wetsuit.

Back
Top Bottom