Dive Haven

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last time I dove there was summer of 2006. I think we buddied up with you, Mike (Ault) -- you were checking out a new dry suit, if I recall (and we ran all over creation out there trying to find a few burgers to bring back).

Frankly, unless the viz has improved, I'd probably opt to travel another hour north, and do Loch Low-Minn, or head west to Blue Water.

Perhaps a little copper sulfate? (or paddlefish?).

Yep, I remember! Supposedly it has cleared up a litle, but that was the last time I dove there as well.

Mike

We were out there last wkend and the vis was 3-9' at the boat closest to the shop, temp on surface was 68 below 17' it fell to 59

I have dove there three times. The first was in February of last year, in an ill fitting 7mm J+J wetsuit. Vis. was pretty good (in freshwater terms) especially between 30 and 70 feet. Below that it was WAY to cold for me. I dove it last Memorial Day and the visibility was so bad I swore I'd never dive it again - think pea soup. I could not see my hand when I stretched my arm out.

I had the opportunity to dive it again last weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed myself, its back on my "ok places to dive" list. Vis was quite good at 100' (10-12' at least) - there was even ambient light at that depth and, until the hells angels on scooters tore the place up, there wasn't any stuff floating in the water. Vis on the 140' platform was apparently at least that good. I dove dry and was toasty, I think my computer read 55 degrees at 100', that might be slightly high.

Whats wrong with Hells Angels on scooters?

Humm...

Troy Springs just opened back up. Maybe we will head that way then.

I would. I live right over from you between Griffin and Barnesville off of Hwy 36. There is NO WAY I'm going to drive back up to that dump again unless they pump it dry and then fill it up with distilled water, for the amount of time it takes to drive up there. It's just not worth it.

We both live right off of I-75. I hop on I-75 sound and in say 4 hours i'm in spring country!!! That's just MHO. For quick dives to feed my need of getting wet I usually dive at Lake Juliette in Forsyth. 30 minutes from my house. Clear water to around 20', lots of fish life. single tank will last over an hour of dive. I've got up in the morning drove to Juliette, got 2 dives in and made it home by 1:00pm. Not bad for 2 dives.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom