Dive Haven

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would. I live right over from you between Griffin and Barnesville off of Hwy 36. There is NO WAY I'm going to drive back up to that dump again unless they pump it dry and then fill it up with distilled water, for the amount of time it takes to drive up there. It's just not worth it.

We both live right off of I-75. I hop on I-75 sound and in say 4 hours i'm in spring country!!! That's just MHO. For quick dives to feed my need of getting wet I usually dive at Lake Juliette in Forsyth. 30 minutes from my house. Clear water to around 20', lots of fish life. single tank will last over an hour of dive. I've got up in the morning drove to Juliette, got 2 dives in and made it home by 1:00pm. Not bad for 2 dives.

Jeremy

We head South to the springs just about every weekend these days. It's become such an addictions that we are buying small camper to set up shop on the weekends. I'd like to do Dive Haven, but now after reading about it I'm less than impressed. It's 2 hours from us, so maybe we go ahead and hit Troy after all. Last month we left at 8:30, and got there at 12:15. Made two dives chatted for an hour, and were home by 9 that night. Easily worth all the fun we had. Plus we took the dog. The park staff and other divers gave him a ton of attention when were under water.

heh heh.....I was jealous they look like fun!

now, where can I get a leather dry suit?

No need to be jealous, you can ride.............but no leather, you know what happens when you get leather wet? That’s right, no leather!!:rofl3::no

No need to be jealous, you can ride.............but no leather, you know what happens when you get leather wet? That’s right, no leather!!:rofl3::no
You mean? No, it simply *can't* be!

It was amazingly realistic leather-textured *vinyl*?!?

(My world is shattered.)

We ended up staying home, and cleaning up down trees and debris in the yard after the storms. Just down the road from us a tornado hit.

I'm glad everybody is OK. We had lots of thunder and lightening but the Good Lord kept the tornadoes away.

I too was hoping to dive here soon as well, but now I'm pretty discouraged. I can deal with either low vis or colder water, but I'm not paying $25 for both. I know it's still early in the season, but 55 degrees at 17' is too chilly (5mm wetsuit) for <10ft viz. Reefwatcher - did you ever come up to Lake Santeetlah to go camping? I'm thinking about diving there at the beach area this Saturday, if the weather cooperates.

I too was hoping to dive here soon as well, but now I'm pretty discouraged. I can deal with either low vis or colder water, but I'm not paying $25 for both. I know it's still early in the season, but 55 degrees at 17' is too chilly (5mm wetsuit) for <10ft viz. Reefwatcher - did you ever come up to Lake Santeetlah to go camping? I'm thinking about diving there at the beach area this Saturday, if the weather cooperates.

No, my schedule has been to crazy.

It will probably be early July when I head that way.

I heard that! I've got two little boys that keep me running all the time! :) If you make it out that way and still would like to dive, just let me know. The water should be much warmer by then.

Reefwatcher - I dove Santeetlah today. Surface temp was 70, and at 20/25ft the temp was around 55. That is definitely the coldest water I have ever dove in. I was in my 5mm wetsuit and was fairly warm except my hands and head. Of course I didn't bring my gloves and hood because I didn't think I'd need them (good move). Vis was probably around 15-20ft. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer in early July.

Back
Top Bottom