Dive Haven Georgia Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger:
Where the danger at Dive Haven lies is the 160' depths. The quarry for the most part has the walls that drop strait down to 160'. I know a lot of local instructors that will NOT take any OW student to Dive Haven. The platforms are suspended in mid-water over the 160' bottom. Imagine if an OW student fell off that platform...next stop 160'!!! The instructors say it's just too dangerous and too big of a liability risk.

Make sense but I'm not an instructor either. Just be careful out there and you will have a great wall dive.
As a local instructor, I would not hesitate to take students there if they want local checkouts. The platforms are not suspended over 160, they are sitting on the bottom at fixed depths.

rblackburn:
As a local instructor, I would not hesitate to take students there if they want local checkouts. The platforms are not suspended over 160, they are sitting on the bottom at fixed depths.

This is good to know. When I was up there in June I know for a fact that one of the 15' platforms was suspended because I followed a line from 70' (still had open water below me) up to the platform at 15'. But there has been ALOT of improvement.

I will relay this information to the instructors that I know.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
This is good to know. When I was up there in June I know for a fact that one of the 15' platforms was suspended because I followed a line from 70' (still had open water below me) up to the platform at 15'. But there has been ALOT of improvement.

I will relay this information to the instructors that I know.

Jeremy
When they first put them in, they were floating in about 100' of water... BTW, the depth to the bottom of the wall on the entrance side of the quarry is 130', and the platforms were in the area that sloped and was not a wall...

Richard Blackburn
Atlanta Techinical Divers

IlikeItwetPls:
IT's a little too expensive at Dive Haven for me; especially being a quarry. Fills are $8, and entrance is $25. Am I the only one, or does that seem a little steep? It is nice to have that deep of a dive though.

I tell ya what...

How about, I'll get you your VERY own quarry within 1.5 hours of Metro ATL and then you will never have to pay any admission fees again!! for YOU or your friends!! imagine...:eyebrow:

Asking price $910k - make us a serious & decent offer and maybe you'll be on your way to never paying dive quarry admission fees again.. ever..

http://listings.loopnet.com/jblankenship@resolutegroup.com

I got to try Dive Haven soon myself... now I'll be scared I'll fall off the platform though to 160 and into the mud... better wear my CCR rebreather and go with RBlackburn so he can hold my hand and save me from the perils that await!! :eyebrow:

JB

resolute:
I got to try Dive Haven soon myself... now I'll be scared I'll fall off the platform though to 160 and into the mud... better wear my CCR rebreather and go with RBlackburn so he can hold my hand and save me from the perils that await!! :eyebrow:

JB

I promise to hold your hand, I'll need to if we go to the bottom and you are diving your CCR... only way to keep up with you, pigpen :wink:

Going diving this Sat. any other recent info?

resolute:
Asking price $910k - make us a serious & decent offer and maybe you'll be on your way to never paying dive quarry admission fees again.. ever..
Nah, I think I would rather just pay for 45,500 admissions.

David

First time I've been in 59 degree water burr, with only a 3mil and vested hood.
I was shocked at the drop from just 2 weeks prior posted by Redneck, wish I would have joined you.
Glad to have a close location to go get wet, Cleve Corley was very nice and helpful and is talking about doing more add ons like cabins, and paintball field.

Air temp got to 85
surface was 75
depth degree vis
30' 75 30
40' 68 20
60' 59 15

Back
Top Bottom