Dive Gear Rinse Station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl:
I use the spare bath tub approach. Have a rod over the tub and everything hangs on that. One of the advantages of living alone your scuba gear can have it's own room and it's own bathroom.

That's what I do but I have a quick disconnect with a short hose and spray head on it. The pressure works good to get the grime out of the gear. I then have rods in the rafters over my deck to hang everything out of the weather to dry.

Charles

50 gallon trash can with a spigot in the bottom for a drain. If the spigot doesn't do it for you, a boat plug works just grand as well. I made a pvc monstrosity but that's to store a bunch of gear. I think a smaller pvc thingy would work just fine as a drying/storage rack.

Rachel

If I read the instructions right, the picture will be included here.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m304/itsbruce/PlumbersNightmare1.jpg

Edit: So much for that good idea. Check the link.

I had planned to blow air through the thing from the port on the left and let that help dry things like hoods, gloves and boots. However, I can't find a blower that is powerful enough to overcome the resistance. Next, I'll try pulling compressed air off an AL80.

ItsBruce:
If I read the instructions right, the picture will be included here.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m304/itsbruce/PlumbersNightmare1.jpg

Edit: So much for that good idea. Check the link.

I had planned to blow air through the thing from the port on the left and let that help dry things like hoods, gloves and boots. However, I can't find a blower that is powerful enough to overcome the resistance. Next, I'll try pulling compressed air off an AL80.

Put this around it. (just remove the spaces I put in it to show how to do it.)

[ img ] http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m304/itsbruce/PlumbersNightmare1.jpg [ /img ]

When you're done, it'll show like this.

PlumbersNightmare1.jpg

I've got a free-standing laundry tub like the one pictured here Just fill it with a hose, pour some Dettol into the water, let the gear (especially wetsuit and booties ) soak for a while, rinse and hang on a portable clothes rack like this . I like the sink because I can hook a piece of hose to the drain and dump the waste water someplace convenient. By using a hose, I can put water into the BC bladder to rinse it out without contorting myself and the BC to fit the inflator tube under a faucet in a bathtub. And best of all, I can stand up straight when doing the rinse job--easy on the back!

Back
Top Bottom