Dive essentials checklist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about a save a dive kit? O-rings, small adjustable wrench, fin strap, mask strap, extra batteries for lights, other just in case stuff.

I don't always dive with my wet suit, so I went with pockets that attach to the waistband of the harness and have straps to secure to my legs. No matter my exposure protection, I can always have my pockets with me.

How about a save a dive kit? O-rings, small adjustable wrench, fin strap, mask strap, extra batteries for lights, other just in case stuff.

A save-a-dive kit has saved a few dives for me.

I don't always dive with my wet suit, so I went with pockets that attach to the waistband of the harness and have straps to secure to my legs. No matter my exposure protection, I can always have my pockets with me.
Nice...X-shorts are also an option.

Plastic grocery bag to put alternately on feet and hands when sliding into my wetsuit, reduces the friction and the struggling.

Extra (cheap) eyeglasses for my dive bag before putting mask on so I can read computer etc without getting my good prescription glasses salted or beat up.

Battery tester, just in case.

A sense of humor and an open mind. A save a dive kit, SMB and spool/reel, spare mask and a small torch on top of your regular dive kit can make the difference between doing a dive and having to call it off due to equipment or visibility issues. A good predive chat with your dive buddy about expectations/ goals is a good idea too.

Dive flag and safety sausage.

All good suggestions so far, one thing I always carry at my favorite local dive spots is a small mesh bag. If i run into any trash or items that do not belong there I stuff them into the bag and bring them out with me. Not sure if anyone mentioned CPR mask, I always carry one. Shameless plug for lights, clips, knives, and all sorts of useful gadgets on our site: Scuba and Snorkel gear

Have fun!

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! I am enjoying the dive planning as much as I enjoy the actual diving.

Back
Top Bottom