Dive Dive Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I do drive a red Dodge pick up. Dove with Cbulla (Colin) had a great dive and viz was a cool 50-60ft calm flat waters :sun_smile
Water temp a bit nipplely 70-72 and Cbulla almost got had a head on collision with a female diver with a camera chasing some fish just to watch him go :eyecrazy:

Where you there DennisS when I was there.

DennisS:
Jenny-Yes it was beutiful diving yesterday and today and hopefully tomorrow.

Showboat-do you drive a red pickup?

showboat:
Yes I do drive a red Dodge pick up. Dove with Cbulla (Colin) had a great dive and viz was a cool 50-60ft calm flat waters :sun_smile
Water temp a bit nipplely 70-72 and Cbulla almost got had a head on collision with a female diver with a camera chasing some fish just to watch him go :eyecrazy:

Where you there DennisS when I was there.

We were the two guys in the silver van to your left. I was the shorter one with the scooter, good to have met you, however briefly

I Knew I should have said something to you about SB. Do you still think that officer was jealous of all of us yesterday and he had to work on such a very beautiful day

DennisS:
We were the two guys in the silver van to your left. I was the shorter one with the scooter, good to have met you, however briefly

Cool, I haven't logged in for a few days and there's a dive scheduled from my front yard... see you all here. Don't hesitate to use the inside of our wall to stash gear while we dive, and of course the dunk tanks & hose will be ready.

Thaks everyone! That was a fantastic dive today.......now I feel a little silly about being so excited to see 12 ft. vis yesterday. What can I say, I'm a lake diver....but I got here as quick as I could :)

Mike, I'll give you a heads up when we're parking outside your place for a dive....thanks a million for your hospitality.

Absolutely the best of dive of the new year so far. Water temp 71 degrees. Viz 40-50'.
Surface action 1 - 2' max. Thanks Mike for the tour. 2 nurse sharks. More Snook than I've ever seen in one place in my life. AND ALL KEEPERS! Schools of fish by the hundreds. The lobster are out. Saw 2 but heard many.

Gosh I needed that. Pleasure meeting new faces. If my sister in NJ is reading this your color for today is bright green baby.

Yup, Oliver, that really came together well - I missed Dan, though... he'll be around Monday if anybody's interested. Joe, I'm glad you made it - sorry I didn't call you for the early dive but it was kinda a surprise to me! And other Joe, thanks for getting us together. Great seeing all the old gang and the new faces. Divers are always welcome here!

Thanks everybody for showing up. Joe, you can be my buddy anytime! Was a pleasure to dive with ya. Thanks. And we are pretty compatible on that air consumption!

Dive 1: The snook place. I remember noticing a dark area and upon closer inspection it was the school of snook! Some of them were 3 and 4 ft! The look downs were so peaceful and allowed you to get very close. I think they were as curious of us as we of them. There were so many barracudas that I didn't even bother to try to count. I did see that one nurse shark...wish I saw the other two that the others saw. One thing I did notice, that when diving with a hood, I don't hear the "rice crispies." Some days its so loud! Awwwhh, the days are coming of warmer water temps and diving without a hood.

Anyways...also on the way back from the snook place, I saw a sea cucumber. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. Also saw a huge black urchin, (was 10-12" from spike end to spike end), a school of midnight parrot fish, a couple scorpion fish, small spotted stingray and the regular inhabitants!

Dive 2: Joe and I headed in the opposite direction of the snook place, partly cause I didn't feel like going that far, and it appeared that the tank had lost a little bit of air..
So off we went in search of lobster. Joe got one, found some small ones and one got away. There was a school of blue tangs, doctorfish and a couple spotted goat fish that were just ahead of us going in the same general direction. Also a free diver kept appearing despite my best efferts to go this way when he went that way. oh well. I did get a little chilled at the end, but nothing that a hot bath couldn't cure.

Jriderski, Big Sage, Reef Trekker and Sharon (?), was a pleasure meeting ya'll. Mike your hospitality rocks! You're the best! Look forward to next time..

H2Joe:
Here are a few of the shots I took...

pictures

man those are good pictures... very nice...

and... er... i like your name

=P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom