Dive conditons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jethroish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I hope that those who went diving this Memorial weekend will post conditions. I worked this weekend, but wife and I are planning to dive next weekend (June 4th). We have been planning to go to Oronogo but may change depending on conditions.
Other palces to consider: Beaver Lake, Lake Murray, Tenkiller.

Dove Saturday and Sunday at Table Rock. We only dove at the dam where conditions were acceptable. Temps were mid 70's above the thermocline mid 60's just below the thermocline at 30 feet and mid 40's at the 60' mark. Visibility was about 10-15 above the thermocline depending on how many divers were in the water, and opened up to 20-30' below. I heard it was even better at 130' but I didn't have a hood so it was too cold to go below 50' for greater than 30 seconds, so I wouldn't know :(

Dove Tenkiller state park yesterday (Monday) There were ALOT of people swimming in the area. But visibility was good around the wrecks in 35-45' depth the visibility was around 15' temperature was a bit warmer than table rock 45' was completely tolorable in a 5mm farmer john which is what we wore at Table Rock as well.

If you dive Murray, please let me know conditions. I am planning to go down there sometime in the next month.

I dove Tenkiller last weekend. LOTS of boats and stiff winds kept the sediment stirred up. Top 20' was horrible vis, but became much better under the thermal. Yeah, I saw the sea of neon floats in the dive park and stayed away. I did the islands instead. If you stayed on the north (sheltered) side of places, the vis was good, even in the upper depths. Mooring a boat sucked though. Very hard to keep my boat in one spot.

I was REALLY shocked at the water level. Up 10 feet since my last dive there a couple weeks ago. Looked a bit different. Surface temps up 10-12 degrees also. I had 79-81 degrees depending on where in the lake I was.

FD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom