Dive computer basics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Throw Back once bubbled...
SeaJay/Cafka,

I'm located in Maryland and I've seen a console option for the Vyper at at least two shops. I picked wrist so I could have an analog backup depth gauge when I purchase a reg.

Hey, that's cool... I thought there was an option for that. So... You could potentially purchase a piece of gear that would give you either option... And it would set you back just $260. Oh yeah... Let's not forget that it's possibly the most popular computer on the market. :)

(I believe user SeaJay has an excellent post on trusting your plan over the computer, thanks SeaJay)

Ah, yes... I remember that thread. I got my @$$ handed to me on that thread. :( Not sure if I really want anyone seeing that one. :wink: Man, talk about kicking a guy when he's down... I screwed up, dealt with an unplanned deco (a little scary, but I did it correctly so it ended up being a nonissue) and for that, I got super-kicked around by some of the more... Uhhhh... "Prickly" board members. :) Thanks, guys, for adding insult to injury. (Or rather, insult to "nearly injured, but saved my @$$ at the last moment").

Ah, the love... :D

"Man, talk about kicking a guy when he's down..."

Wa not trying to kick you while you were down. Dives where that stuff happens seem to be where the most learning takes place. My intent was to thank you for sharing a less than flattering moment for everyone's benefit. I think the folks who gave you $^!# on that thread missed the point of your post. I found it very helpful.

Suunto Combos are the ability to combine Suunto products in a console fashion. Check out this site for more info. http://www.suunto.com/pls/suunto/suunto2.pubmainpage.frameset

Good luck.

Just a bit of advice, skip the dangling console and go for wrist mounts and a Halcyon pressure guage. It doesn't have to be Halcyon but I love mine. R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom