Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kris,

We will be diving Vortex tomorrow starting at 9am this will be my 1st open water dive. I am getting PADI certified with Dixie Divers. I think it would be great to get together with some divers in this area and dive to increase my skills and comfort level. I'm hoping to do 3 dives a day while in Roatan hopefully about 20 dives.

I can deal with sharks and ocean critters been snorkeling with them before BUT I'm not sure how I feel about a gator. But my hubby will be there and he's a gator hunter too....so I guess I will be safe (smiles).

Maybe we will see you there. There were only 3 in our class but our instructor Sonya is bringing some students from her private class as well so I'm not sure how many of us will be there.

My husband and I would like to get a couple dives in before our vacation on the 19th so please keep in touch.

Suzanne

Zana, I was just wandering how the vis was Sunday. We went to the island on Saturday and the water looked like coffee. It was nasty. With all this rain I can't imagine it would have been very good.

Hello

Vis in the gulf Sunday was about 10 ft until about 20-30ft down then it cleared to about 30-40ft

I would like to try the PC jetties this Sunday, weather - surf permitting. I have been down there, I have not dove it. I know the dredges have been in the area.

Any info on the area?

Sunday, hig tide should be at about 1048

Zana where did you dive in the gulf?

Last weekend we dove the USS Strength --Saw a nurse shark and a 4ft Baracuda, many bait fish and a few angels, we also dove the Bridge Span-saw a smaller baracuda, angels & bait fish. I love swimming in the middle of the bait fish! Pretty cool. I think I am going to be doing the same dives this weekend just to get more comfortable in salt water before my big trip in a week.

I'm hoping this tropical storm doesn't stir up the water too much this weekend. I think I'm diving with Roseanne her boat is near the hataway bridge @ sunharbor. Many people like the Splash that is 3 boats down from hers. The only thing about Roseann's boat is that there is a 5ft jump into the water and the Splash they let you jump off the back. I really don't like the jump thats why I'm doing it again! Just to get used to it.

I would like to dive the jetties too! probably when we get back. So lets try to get together the 1st of Aug. if you like

Zana

Maybe it's just me but I don't like diving the jetties. If you don't hit it just at the right time, then you have to battle hellacious currents and the vis is never that good anyway. If I just need a diving fix, I will go out there but otherwise I wouldn't. That being said every time I have gone to the jetties there are always alot of divers and besides I haven't been diving in a couple weeks so if I can't line up a boat dive this weekend then I just might see you out there.

Ah, but have they taken away the dredging equipment yet? If so, count me in for sunday, assuming conditions are good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom