Dive Centre in Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sprozman

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm off to Barbados next Friday for a week, i'm looking for a reliable Dive Centre, has anyone got any recommendations, good or bad experiences etc?

I'm going to be staying around St Lawrence Gap.

HI

Six of us(begginers to advanced) Dove February 5th with Blue Reef Divers (bluereef@sunbeach.net)near Holetown on the northwest coast. We only had one day off our cruiseship and chose Blue reef after consulting postings on this website. John the owner picked us up at the cruise ship terminal and delivered us to his shop (a small shack right on the beach). We had made prior web arrangements with him to Dive on the PAMIR( a wreck at 60 ft), followed by a shallow reef Dive. Overall our experience was excellent. The second Dive was a bit short but all in all John provided excellent service and a pleasant safe experience. Search for other threads on PAMIR for more data. Johns shop is also close to the Stav.(another wreck at 130ft)
I will warn that the shop does not have a pier, which means humping your gear out to the boat in waist deep and somewhat rocky surf. The surf was a bit on the rough side the week we dove. I would not recommend this dive for those that need easy access in and out of the dive boat.

Best of Luck

Coach87

A friend of mine is there right now using The Dive Shop (original huh?) and is happy with them.

Sprozman,

Txgirl posted an extensive trip report of her recent trip to Barbados. She included dive centre references and local attractions recommendations as well.
Here's the link.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=40183

Hope it helps. Please post a trip report when you return. I am going to Barbados in mid April for the first time, and I would like to hear about your trip. Have a great time.

Seawitch2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom