Dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I devised (20 years ago) a device that had an application as a diver rescue tool. Picture if you will, a 150' reel with a clip at one end (to clip to your BCD) and an inflatable balloon at the other (along with another clip).
Nice idea. Can you publish pictures?
I had same idea, when I was an newby OWD, for my weightbelt - small cork, and bottle like this , filled by thin rope. It should be placed under the belt, and when you release buckle, it should floating up, and shows where is you belt.
Those times I think that it can help in emergency situation to find lost belt. (Later I had understood, that weight belt drop - is TOO dangerous situation, and when you really need this - does not matter, will you lost forever it, or not.)
BTW - with your device it is also acceptible way - do not attach it to the bottom rocks, but attach to the weightbelt, and use it as ancor.

I have a question about you device - how you will inflate it? from separate CO or pressured air tank, or from your main tank?
In case of main tank - it is not so safe, I think...

Also - if possible to combine your and this ( Fogotten pages of Soviet dive magazines ) device - it ciold be very interesting :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom