Dive buddy needed August 24th at Eden's Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaxs

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

So heres the deal. I will be taking a cruise of the Caribbean August 20-27th. We are scheduled to make port at the Grand Cayman Islands on Thr, the 24th. I am a San Diego advanced open water diver, who's most tropical diving experience is Catalina Island. I have always looked forward to diving in tropical waters instead of the frigid cold waters of San Diego.

Anyways, my girlfriend and I will be doing an excursion from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM and our ship does not depart port until 4pm. I was hoping I could get at least one dive in before we leave. However, I would prefer to dive in a location where I could enjoy scuba diving and my girlfriend could enjoy snorkeling (she doesn't dive).

So, I dont/wont dive alone, so I was wondering if anyone wanted to meet me for a dive (or two)? I know there is a stretch! But, I really want to do some tropical diving. I will be bringing a lot of my own gear (mask, snorkel, regs, computer, bc). Do I need a wetsuit at all? Im guessing no... Maybe just a rash guard (and swim trunks of course).

There is a good chance if you just show up at Eden Rock, that you can find a buddy. We were there about a year ago, and we saw people doing that. You can also hire a DM fairly reasonable.

I live near Eden Rock and am hoping to be off work that week so I can dive locally. Call me at 326-1132 when you arrive. I have dived the site many times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom