Dive buddy for Sunday April 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason McK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to do my first Dive after getting my Open Water cert (some time ago). Would like to do a relatively easy local dive with someone willing and able to dive with me.
I don;t want to ruin someones dive so I want to make it clear I'm really new to diving.

I have payed for my advance course but would like to get in the water a few times before I do it.

Hey. I would take ya out, but I live in the interior and won't be down diving that weekend. I'm sure there has to be somebody on these boards willing to help out a new diver. When did you finish your cert?? The first few dives after are some of the most memerable for me bacause you get to see so much for the first time. Anyways, let me know how the dive goes when you find a buddy.
Nalidixic

Jason and I are heading out on Sunday, let us know if you'd like to join us!

Check out International Diving Centre sometime - they run weekly fun dives on Sundays where an instructor takes a bunch of divers out to local sites. It's a fun group thing, and you have the option of either diving in a buddy team with some of the other people who come out, or else going on a tour with the instructor. Their website is http://www.diveidc.com. Look under the Dive Activities section for more information.

AtomicWalrus:
Check out International Diving Centre sometime - they run weekly fun dives on Sundays where an instructor takes a bunch of divers out to local sites. It's a fun group thing, and you have the option of either diving in a buddy team with some of the other people who come out, or else going on a tour with the instructor. Their website is http://www.diveidc.com. Look under the Dive Activities section for more information.

Thanks AW, Ya I think most Dive shops run a Sunday thing, but a lot of them don't have a set location until interest is peaked on a location by then it's too late for me or it's beyond my skill. But I plan on heading out to one of them soon.

Thanks again
Jason

Hey Jason
I will be heading down south this weekend for sure and I am hoping to be meetting up with some others and if you would like I would be more then happy to jump on in with you. I would be happy to be your buddy for the day. And to scubandrea where are we meetting ?
I have payed for my advance course but would like to get in the water a few times before I do it.
Excellent idea.
Cheers till then
Derek

Jason McK:
OK so it looks like Whytecliff Park Sunday April 10th around 9:00 (time might change)

Jason

I was just thinking how funny it is that one weekend you could post for a buddy and get no replies, and that for some reason everyone wants to dive this weekend! Now we're all fighting over you Jason! Not bad for your soon to be 5th dive!!! :)

Jason McK:
Thanks AW, Ya I think most Dive shops run a Sunday thing, but a lot of them don't have a set location until interest is peaked on a location by then it's too late for me or it's beyond my skill. But I plan on heading out to one of them soon.

Thanks again
Jason

Take a look at the IDC website - they're pretty good about planning out their fun dive schedule a month in advance. Occasionally they'll do an advanced dive, but it's generally pretty laid back.

I thought it was corny so I edited it once we agreed on Whytecliff, I know I'm sneaky

scubandrea:
Where did this posting go?

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Wow this is turning into an event. The Jason hits the water day. Should I
cater the event :)

The more the merrier I always say.
Well we still have no location or time
As I only know of Whytecliff and Porteu can anyone come up with a stimulating
place?

Jason

I was just thinking how funny it is that one weekend you could post for a buddy and get no replies, and that for some reason everyone wants to dive this weekend! Now we're all fighting over you Jason! Not bad for your soon to be 5th dive!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom