Dive buddy Atlanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm trying to get squared away so I get to dive on Sat. morning up there. I'll probably only have about a couple of hours in the morning to be up there, the "honey do" list calls. It would be good if we could get an early start so we beat the crowd that will surely descend on Lanier with this being the last weekend of the summer.
But, that may not happen that early on Sat. if you are getting the deal done on the boat. If not, I could surely do a dive with you on maybe Sunday or Monday a.m. It's going to hot from what I've seen on the weather forecast.

NICE P-BOAT!!! She looks Lake-worthy to me!

No Ladder. But it will when its done. I plan on making one you can use with your fins on like they do on the big dive boats.

It would be very hard to get in and out of it without one. I tried that down in Florida one time on a P-boat years ago and about killed myself trying to get back in the boat. I almost wanted them to tow me to shore. I was so cut up from falling back in water and hitting the pontoons.

go to pontoon boat stuff.com,they have the same ladder as on mine,it works great,goes deep in the water and has a quick attachment so you can remove it and stow it out of the way.We found it laying on the bottom off west bank park.The ladder sells for 110 dollars,about the cheapest I have seen,except the free one laying on the bottom of the lake.

Last edited:
Mark
I will check it out at Restore Your Pontoon Boat|Pontoon Boat Seats|Pontoon Furniture|Pontoon Boat Accessories Really didn’t think about the ladder??? That’s dumb isn’t it? Maybe it will come with one. I’m going to pick up am inpeller at Gwinnett marine Friday. I will change it on the beach where we are camping. I picked up my tanks today and the e gear is packed. The guy I got the anchor for the other day has it stuck again. So I will be going to help him out this weekend. It’s been there since last Sunday. I will sell him a new anchor yet if he keeps this up.

Going to have some fun this weekendJ
Stiltwalker :)

That’s what I'm talking about. I have an old sailboat pole about 15' long and about 1.5" round. It makes a great flagpole. Did you get your pontoon on the lake yet? I hope they reopen some ramps with all the rain we had this week. The lake came up 2'.

Mark
Are you going to be on the lake this weekend? Stop by is so. I can give you my cell.

Stiltwalker :)

I'll probably be up there at Two Mile bright and early in the a.m. to get a dive in. Then I've got to make a partition in our dog pen before I wind up in the dog house with everybody. Adding a new dog to our pen and keeping our old Husky in sun room is getting pretty stinky.

My boat is still up at lake Hartwell at my dads place,I am heading up there in the morning,hope to get a few dives in on the dam on the south Carolina side.I am going to bring my boat back and get some dives in this fall on Lanier.

Back
Top Bottom