Dive buddy Atlanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We use to meet at West Bank Park. Last cove on the end of the peninsula. I was told that the shore is so soft that you can not walk into the water, with out getting stuck in the mud. I don't know if its still like that or not.

That’s not good.
I have been in many coves since we spend every weekend of our summer on the lake. I know of many places to get together, but the problem is getting everybody there and the gear. If we do just a get together we can do that at Holiday marina at the pavilion. I'm a member there. Plenty of parking, BBQ and a bathroom. This would work if we were not diving.

Stiltwalker :)

Or Stilt we could go to my beloved Two Mile Creek Park. It's has alot of room for a cookout, free, and plenty of places to dive.
I guess you and I and Danny are about the only Looney Birds this summer that have dove the Lake I'm aware of.

I found a 17' pontoon boat. A little small but will do. The price is right. My other boat is still down. I think it’s the fuel pump. I’m going stir crazy with out my run around bat. Maybe I will have a pontoon after Friday.

Dive and dine man. That will be fun. :)
Stiltwalker

Hi Stilt. I'll be up at Two Mile this weekend, I just don't know what day yet. I hope we don't have anymore rain at least not in the a.m. the day I will be gettin wet. I need all the sun I can get to see in Lanier.

Hey Borg
I will be at 6 mile picking up the pontoon this Saturday. If you are at 2 mile I will stop by and see ya. I hope the weather is good. I will be able to hold 4 divers on it. I plan on making it into a scuba treasure boat. The seats are in bad shape but the floor is in great shape. Lets all get together soon. I will be camping by Aqualand Marina this weekend. Maybe if you have time you can come by and go on a dive with us in the new boat. I hope it runs good.

I’m going to fly a big flag on this one!!!

It may be Sun. or Mon. a.m. before I make it up there, but one of the days of the 3 day weekend I plan on being there. I'll e-mail you and let you know the day before. Hopefully there will be no more rain this weekend so we can go diving.
I'm looking forward to things quieting down on the Lake after this weekend.
I know you will have some fun on that boat. The flagship of the Bottom Dollar fleet!!!

Borg
Come on up to Aqualand and I will pick you up. We will be just about 100' from the shore on an island. There is plenty of parking. You have my #, give me a call. We will dive somewhere new. It’s going to be silty with all the rain we had this week. We will dive off the flag ship (Bottom Dollar). I put some pictures on of it. Check them out. It’s not much yet but will be soon as long as the deal goes good Saturday. I hope to have it all fixed up for Dive and Dine day. When ever that is. This will make it easier for us all to get together and do some diving. The more buddies’ we all get the more fun we will all have. I want to get to know some of the local divers in the area but been having a hard time getting together with them. We still have to hit a quarry before cold weather sets in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom