Dive buddies in Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JayWS

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I am going to be in Key Largo from 3/13 til 3/15 and I am looking to do some diving, anyone want to buddy up? I am easily entertained, so I will happily follow photographers etc.. I have been looking at HMS Minnow and Quiescence as the boats, but I am open to other options.
Thanks!

Try rainbow reef, they have guides in the water, so not having a buddy shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks, that is a good option, I will use them if noone pops up. How does that work exactly? at their price it seems like they must have one guide and a few "followers"?

I think it's a maximum of 6 diver per guide, I used them last year and we had 3 to 4 guides per divers, with a dive master and captain on the boat. When I was looking around the other ops had the same price and you had to hire a guide if you didn't have a buddy for another $70 to $80. I'll be diving with rainbow reef this weekend.

Plus +1 for Rainbow.

I dove with Rainbow about a dozen times (half was for my AOW). All my trips were solo, so having their guide was great. And (as with a few other dive ops), their boat docks beside several hotels including a Marriott/Courtyard and Holiday Inn.

Great, sounds like a good way to go then, thanks for the recommends!

I would suggest more research regarding Rainbow Reef. IMHO not the top near to the top of heap as far as KL ops go. Your your first two choices are better options and their ownership certainly does not have such an "interesting" past.

I used Rainbow Reef Mar 2-3 had great dives 1st day, vis 100ft low surge, 2nd day vis 20 t0 30 ft strong surge but still great dive. The thing I like about them is if you and your buddy feel comfortable enough the guide is optional, and they take $20 off the price of the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom