Dive books...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I am looking for recomendations on dive related books.

I recently read Shadow Divers and really enjoyed it. But I am looking something a little lighter for my next read.

thanks!

John

Check out this site, they have just about any book you could want.
Ber :lilbunny:

jmani:
So I am looking for recomendations on dive related books.

I recently read Shadow Divers and really enjoyed it. But I am looking something a little lighter for my next read.

thanks!

John

Then the last dive is out. Same story but focused more on the rouses (from chapter nine i believe :wink: )

Exley's "Cavern's Measureless To Man" was quite good.
"The cave divers" is also good, but is very "history bookish"

"Down Time" and "The Rapture of the Deep" are two good ones for a lighter side read.

Diversion:
"Down Time" and "The Rapture of the Deep" are two good ones for a lighter side read.

I read rapture... a short time age and enjoyed it. I will check out down time.

I am kinda avoiding stress/dive accident reads for a little while after being on a boat with a diver death.

John

"Fireside Diver" sounds pretty interesting.
Ber :lilbunny:

I really liked Down Time--excerpts from many sources, from the rhapsodic (Cousteau), to the comic (Dave Barry), to the dramatic.

Diver Down has been a good quick read. The format is lot like the Scuba Diving magazine's "Lessons for Life" feature. Wide variety of dive types and mishaps told with moderate suspense. Good post mortem. To keep the actual feature from being too technical there are significant sidebars that pick apart the technique or knowledge in question.

I ended up reading the stories cover to cover and now I'm doing the same with the sidebars. A great "bathroom book".

Pete

For very light reading and wonderful entertainment that I can't put down is Clive Cussler books with Dirk Pitt, not a lot of diving but great adventures, Diver McGyver kind of guy or Indiana Jones of the Water. If you seen the movie Sahara it was his book. He has done some non-fiction on wrecks as well. Went to Coz once read a couple of Cussler books then finished off with Shadow Divers on the no fly day, smart thinking. Less intense, my buddy also recommended Kathy Brandt underwater investigation, haven't tried them yet but next on my list, well after the next Cussler book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom