Dive books...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try a book called "HELLDIVERS RODEO". It is very entertaining and has it all, funny, thriller and diving

jmani:
So I am looking for recomendations on dive related books.

I recently read Shadow Divers and really enjoyed it. But I am looking something a little lighter for my next read.

thanks!

John

Bermuda Shipwrecks: A Vacationing Diver's Guide to Bermuda's Shipwrecks (Paperback)
by Daniel Berg....72 pages...about an ounce...give or take...is that light enough??:D

Paul in VT

"the Living Sea" and "The Silent World" by Cousteau. Wonderful books, the beginning of scuba (from his perspective) and his unmatched view of the world he was discovering and popularizing. Reminds me why I dive.

menemsha43:
Sea Salt by Stan Waterman is a very nice read

It is a nice read, though it certainly does generate a bit -- more than a bit -- of envy. For me, the most interesting aspect of the book is its demonstration of the enormous changes in divers' approach to the ocean from diving's infancy to today. Waterman's earlier adventures (and, I suppose, those of other divers) included some interactions (we'd call them "abuses" now) with marine life that seemed acceptable at the time, but today would bring screams of protest from just about everyone on this, and every other, board. Of course, his later adventures included none of these affairs, and he comments many times on the changes in his view of things.

But, I imagine that change makes diving no different from many of man's dealings with nature.

Well just finished reading Diver Down, a great read/learning book.
Also read 50 dives in 50 states, a divers oddesy. This was a fairly well written book and described some great dives in places I never thought you could dive. My only critisism is that some of the states were so shortchanged that the whole state got little more than a paragraph or two.

I am currently reading Down Time. This is a nice collection of short stories about diving.

diverdenise:
For very light reading and wonderful entertainment that I can't put down is Clive Cussler books with Dirk Pitt, not a lot of diving but great adventures, Diver McGyver kind of guy or Indiana Jones of the Water. If you seen the movie Sahara it was his book. He has done some non-fiction on wrecks as well. Went to Coz once read a couple of Cussler books then finished off with Shadow Divers on the no fly day, smart thinking. Less intense, my buddy also recommended Kathy Brandt underwater investigation, haven't tried them yet but next on my list, well after the next Cussler book.

i like cussler too. he also wrote the two sea hunters books which tell the tales of actual wrecks as they wrecked then his own search for them. raise the titanic was good as was sahara, although im still digesting mcconaughey as the movie pitt. night probe is one of my favorites, it has the empress of ireland in it and a locomotive reminiscent of the one that disappeared in the midwest.

Descent into Darkness: Pearl Harbor 1941: a Navy Diver's Memoir by Edward C. Raymer.

Not really light but a fascinating read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom