Dive beer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gee whats wrong with the good old mass produced "American" beers Bud, Miller, Coors. I'm a Miller Lite man myself. Especially the 16oz plastic bottles in the summer, perfect for on the boat. Won't break,can put the top back on and they chill fast. What more can you ask for?

I like Miller. It was the very first beer I liked. Cheap too, at least in the Class 6. I will only drink the other, more unmentionables you posted about if there is nothing else. And by nothing I mean not even water...

My brother found some stuff brewed by Dog Fish Head. The 90 minute IPA is outstanding, and if you really want something to light you up, try the 120 minute (when you can get it)-- it's 20% alcohol.

We have a "Dog Fish" brand here, I wonder if it is the same?

Julius Etcher, best damn wheat beer I have ever had. Its just so hard to find.

Roatan is Salva Vida (life saver)

In Mexico it's SOL. In the US it's Budweiser (Lager). Since I make my own beer I sometimes take a couple brews with me in my checked bag. I bottle it in used plastic Gatorade bottles.

Time of day is important! As is air temp. Earlier in the day if cool to just warm enough a nice Fosters or even a michelob- both not too lite not too dark or heavy, refreshing with a bit of sweetness to boost your energy after some exertion. If it's hot then a very cold "ice" beer such as bud ice or moleson ice.
Later in the day if cool to just warm enough a gunniess extra stout (or three) hits the spot, if it's hot then a good sam adams or I'll mix up a black and tan:)

BTW I can't imagine drinking Oly, Hamms or Pabst if diving is in the plans for the next day or two:)

Gee whats wrong with the good old mass produced "American" beers Bud, Miller, Coors. I'm a Miller Lite man myself. Especially the 16oz plastic bottles in the summer, perfect for on the boat. Won't break,can put the top back on and they chill fast. What more can you ask for?

I dunno...before I could afford anything we used to drink crap like Red, White & Blue. PBR, Piels, Old Milwaukee etc...After those years I SWORE I would never drink Miller, Coors or Busch products! And unless I can't help it, I drink whatever is on draught that is NOT the typical American Beer... Thankfully some places at least carry the Sam Adams of the month, which is a departure from the other American beers.... my "default domestic" is Yuengling! But other than that, what's "weird" on your beer menu!?!?

Forgot...In the Keys, I usually drink Key West Sunset Ale! Not bad at all!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom