Dive beer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Forget all the rest of the stuff about divinjg, here's what's REALLY important.
What's your favorite dive beer after a good hard day of diving?

Where I live there are more micro breweries than gas stations. Some of the beer is darn good but strong. Some of it is overdone with to much hops and bitterness like all the IPA's. I like some of them if I'm camping out and diving, but generally I like just good 'ol cheap beer like Pabst blue ribbon, hamm's or another recently rediscovered cheap beer is Oly.
Yeah I know their the bottom of the barrel but I like them, they're refreshing, especially after diving and with some fish and chips or other hardy meal, mmmmm.

What about you?
Anybody in foreign lands let's hear about your beer.

I live in wine country but wine doesn't appeal to me as an after dive beverage (yuk!)

Hmm, well I guess Amstel or Polar, but only because I associate those beers with Bonaire, I never drink them at home.

That being said, I have different preferences. I mostly like a light, crisp beer after diving such as a Corona w/ lime, or a Landshark, icey cold.

But sometimes I will prefer a heavier brew, such as a Yuengling, or a Bass Ale. I will never turn down an Otter Creek Octoberfest no matter what time of year. Barring that a Sam Adams can be nice and refreshing after a dive as well.

But I really prefer the lighter beers when diving, they seem to finish cleaner.

Sam Adams cherry wheat or Shiner Bock Dark.

I have had Shiner for the first time this year. Wish they would export farther north, both the yellow and black labels are very nice.

If you get the chance, try a Brooklyn Brewery Chocolate Stout. If you like the SB dark, you will like that one as well...

Well me being a homebrewer, I can put my two cents in. I am a hop head, so IPA's and ESB are desert to me. I also like Czechvar and Pilsner Urquell. These are two very refreshing beers you ought to try. They great to have after cutting the grass in 90deg temps plus 105% humidity.

Guineness... for all occasions!

Smithwicks Ale ... if I can't get a Guinness!

Leinie's Berry Weiss, Honey Weiss or Red ... on a hot day!

Fosters ... on a really hot day!

Hefy :D

Gary D.

Guiness... period.

(... ummm... and if I can't get it... whatevery you're buying...)

Back
Top Bottom