Dive beer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

far and away my favorite after dive beer was the Kabuli in Dominica. If as the beer ads say, good water makes good beer, this might be proof. Then again it might have been the island, the company, or the diving.

Anyway, this beer was so good, we ended up bringing some home, and yes it was still great.

I love Kubuli as well. The island name for Dominica is Wai-tu-Kubuli, hence the name of the beer, and I like that our saying was "why two Kubuli when you can have three!"

Oh, and this was my version of The Lad's Prayer (nifty addition about wine and alco-pops).

Our beer
Which are in barrels
Hallowed be thy drink
Thy will be drunk
I will be drunk
At home as it is in the local
Forgive us this day our daily spillage
As we forgive those that spillest against us
And lead us not into the poncey practise of wine tasting
And deliver us from alco-pops

For mine is the bitter
The ale and the lager
For ever and ever

Barmen.

Mark

Depends on where I am...

In Coz - Modelo Especial
In Freeport - Sands
US - Micelob Ultra, Landshark or either of the 2 above.

No much on micro brews. They're usually too strong for me.

Is this thread about best beer or best after dive beer?

Leff or Tyskie are great beers. Tough to find though, unless in Europe. Leinie's Oktoberfest and Red - YUMMY!

For after diving my two favorites are Dos Equis or Miller Chill. Dos because it's a wonderful beer and with lime (which I usually don't do unless by some chance I HAVE to drink Corona - blech) it's very refreshing. Chill because it just goes down so easy. That little extra bit of carbonation combined with the lime taste - very refreshing!

G'Diddy - love your last line "No much on micro brews. They're usually too strong for me." Kinda figured that after you said you prefer Mich Ultra!! :D :wink:

Its become my wife's favorite and so we can't go to one of the ABCs without bringing home five or six cases of the little cans. Now that we have found that they are importing the big bottles and cans into Florida, we are hopeful that we can get someone here in Texas to pick it up.

Back
Top Bottom