Dive Assure no longer offers coverage of you are diving within the U.S.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could be off course, but Dive Assure has always been a primary insurance, whereas DAN is secondary. I believe the current mandates for "Primary Insurance" is the problem,... having to carry maternity, physicals, wellness programs & such,.. whereas all they want to cover are diving accidents.

Dive Assure has always been a primary insurance
Oh, that is a fake gimmick anyway. Read the fine print and you discover that they are not really. Maybe the false claim got them into trouble?

Now they have hidden that info on their website so I can't quote it.

It is good that they offer short term coverage out of country I guess, but I like my TravelSafe.com trip insurance more than their 9 day coverage. The 9 day Dive Insurance coverage is cheaper, but the TravelSafe.com trip insurance is more for the money.

Last edited:
Maybe diveassure board decided to get into shorting.

OK, Diveassure was at DEMA this week and I spoke to the person at the booth. Diveassure is now rolling out domestic coverage on a limited basis to 13 states. NJ, NY and Nevada are not one of them. Sorry that I did not write down the list of states that he rattled off.

January 26, 2017. I selected every state on their website and there is still 0 insurance for ANY U.S. states. Over 1 year since DiveAssure posted on the forums about this, 3 months since DEMA came and gone, and nothing referencing this on their website... Yea...nothing screams RED FLAG about this. Time to grab your reg and jump ship on this sinking disaster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom