Dive Assure no longer offers coverage of you are diving within the U.S.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a shame. I'm really disappointed in the state of the recreational diver insurance market, for the non-tropical non-professional diver. It's not like there's just 5-10 of us.

Is April, 2018
And seems DiveAssure is not longer in business in USA, I tried today and none option for diving in USA...

Is April, 2018
And seems DiveAssure is not longer in business in USA, I tried today and none option for diving in USA...

Isn't that the whole point of the thread? That they don't cover dives in the U.S.? Or are you saying something else?

Is April, 2018

Dive Assure will cover you diving outside the US. It is because of our screwed up insurance laws that they cannot cover us within the country.

Dive Assure operates as a primary insurance, instead of secondary, like DAN.
primary insurance picks up immediately. Secondary pays what is left behind after primary pays. In order to sell primary insurance in the US & be legal, they would have to supply birth control, wellness visits,.... all of the other stuff that goes along with that type of health insurance now to be legal. Dive Assure only wants to cover dive accidents, but pay on it immediately, which is a primary insurance. So,... with that, they cannot sell it as a primary coverage. I used to have Dive Assure & loved it. If they came back, I would go back to them instantly.

Dive Assure operates as a primary insurance, instead of secondary, like DAN.
primary insurance picks up immediately. Secondary pays what is left behind after primary pays. In order to sell primary insurance in the US & be legal, they would have to supply birth control, wellness visits,.... all of the other stuff that goes along with that type of health insurance now to be legal. Dive Assure only wants to cover dive accidents, but pay on it immediately, which is a primary insurance. So,... with that, they cannot sell it as a primary coverage. I used to have Dive Assure & loved it. If they came back, I would go back to them instantly.
Thanks. Interesting.

Interesting pop-up.

What if diving in the US actually is "international diving"?

Interesting pop-up.

What if diving in the US actually is "international diving"?
Then you would be purchasing a different insurance product from the one being discussed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom