Dive Alert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevead:
One thing that must be considered is that any tank powered signaller is dependant on tank pressure. I will admit that the dive alert is a bit louder than a good whistle, but the whistle seems more failsafe to me. I would advise that any dive alert users carry a whistle as a backup. I know some people will say "you shouldn't run out of air" but hey, sh** happens! thats why we're talking about signallers in the first place.

Good point. I forget at what psi they said it stops being useful. 300 maybe? Good idea to have a whistle and visual devices too.

I understood the drysuit part, not the part after: " you can clip the hose and horn off to a d-ring." How will it work if it's not connected to the hose on my bc? Or do I just attach it at the surface if I need it?......................................................................................ok, on a dry suit there is an extra hose that is exactly like or very similar to the LP hose that goes to your BC. IF you are diving in a wet suit and leave the dry suit hose attached to your regulator, just attach the horn to the dry suit hose and then clip it to your bc. its out of the way, doesnt interfere with your inflator hose, and is not jammed in your pocket in the event of an emergency. Another fine point that was brought up though is the fact that having a hose end exposed is another failure point to lose your life support air. its a gamble. 99.9% of the time that fitting shouldnt or wont leak. but that .1% can kill you. If I was a dry suit diver or was going to use a dry suit hose for an air horn, I would search out a plug to seal off the female end of the horn. at least you would have a semi sealed and safer hose end.

Back
Top Bottom