Ditch the snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver,

A follow-up regarding primary hose reg length....

Just received my new hoses from Extreme Exposure last night -- 5 and 6 foot.

I had been using a 7 foot hose on my single tank set-up. When playing around with it in the pool last week, I began to feel it was too long...this from doing lots of doffing/donning in the water, etc.

I tried the 5 foot hose first -- routing it directly under my arm, around the back of my head and into my mouth -- felt comfy and secure and looked streamlined in the mirror.

6 foot was definitely too long -- not long enough to route down the side of my body and hook under the edge of my BC like the 7' and too much extra hose if routed directly under my arm.

Hope to get it in the water down on the Cape tomorrow.

Hope this helps -- your mileage may vary.

-Chris

Thanks, LD :D ! This is exactly the type of information that I need. I can't afford to buy various hose lengths for my Poseidon, so I was hoping 5' would do the job without experimentation.

Hey Chris,

You should be able to return the 6' hose to EE for a refund - I think they do refunds on everything for 30 days after purchase.

Ben

Ben,

Thanks for the reminder -- that's exactly what I'll do with the 6 footer. Then again, there's probably someone out there on E-Bay who will pay 50% more for it than I'll get back from EE ;-)

-C

Chris, thanks for the info, do you feel the 5' is still long enough to offer the advantages of the 7', for OOA situations and exiting in an overhead environment?

Let me know the conditions if you get in the water this weekend. Thanks again.

Don't mean to butt in but you definetly want a 7' hose for tandom swimming.:hiding:

Thanks Joe,maybe use the 5' for OW, but, break out the 7' for overhead stuff, afterall if you are using a single w/ a 5' you probably should not doing any diving where you need to tandem swim any real distance, if the dive requires that, doubles are probabley callled for right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom