Disney Land/Sea Package, and question thereof

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tao of the Dive

Rabid Otter Spotter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, The wedding date, Sept 18th, is coming up real quick, and Wavingirl, my fiancee wanted to do the Disney Land/ Sea package for the honeymoon. Worked for me since I am a certified Disney fanatic, and had never been on a cruise. But she is getting certified open water before we leave, and I was hoping we could get some Bahammas dives in while on the cruise portion.

My question is this, has anybody ever been on the Disney cruises, and if so, were you able to fit in a dive or two and HOW did you do it, where did you go. I've scoured the Disney usenet groups, and havent really found my answer. Thanks for any and all assistance.

You might do bettr to ask a Mod to move this to General Travel or Caribbean fourm...?

Hope you like to be around a whole bunch of LOUD kids on your honeymoon.

Tao of the Dive:
Okay, The wedding date, Sept 18th, is coming up real quick, and Wavingirl, my fiancee wanted to do the Disney Land/ Sea package for the honeymoon. Worked for me since I am a certified Disney fanatic, and had never been on a cruise. But she is getting certified open water before we leave, and I was hoping we could get some Bahammas dives in while on the cruise portion.

My question is this, has anybody ever been on the Disney cruises, and if so, were you able to fit in a dive or two and HOW did you do it, where did you go. I've scoured the Disney usenet groups, and haven't really found my answer. Thanks for any and all assistance.
The Disney Cruises are really quite nice. We were on the Magic Eastern Caribbean a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so much we are back this Christmas for the same itinerary plus some for a 10 day cruise.
It's true there will be kids, but there are lots of spaces you can hide away, if that's what you want to do. Actually the short people enthusiasm is contagious.
The type of diving you do is dependant on the itinerary. I prefer the Western Caribbean (Coz, Caymans) versus the Eastern (St. Marteen, St. Thomas), but your going to get in some good dives no matter where you go.
If your adventurous, I recommend you book your own dives rather than go with the cruise lines. You can save some money and usually get better dive experiences with fewer divers. If you're worried about making it back to the ship on time, then book the cruises dives, you'll still have a good time.

What ever you do, have a wonderful honeymoon and enjoy yourselves!!

The first thing you need to find out is which islands you will be visiting. If you are doing the western itinerary, diving it Grand Cayman and Cozumel will be the highlight of the cruise. I don't think the diving is as good on the eastern itinerary, especially St. Maarten, very disappointing.

Once you find out where you stop, come back and ask for recommendations for dive operators.

Also, you might want to check out the Cruisecritic.com Disney section and the scuba section

One of my (uncertified) friends with on this trip with one of my (certified) friends, my uncertified friend took one of those two-hour-intro.-then-you-can-dive-with-an-instructor type things, and my certified friend tagged along, as she didn't want to dive alone. So i know for a fact there is diving available on the cruise, how much I'm not sure of. As it's a cruise geared for children, and diving isn't all that popular, i would guess not a lot. Don't take my word for it, though. Hope you have a great time anyway!

<33 Jess

we are mainly concentrating on the parks, so we took the three night cruise to end the week. It looks to me that the best dive opportunity will be in Nassau. Any recommendations on that?

Go to the Disney Cruise website. They have a list of all shore excursions by port here.

I didn't look at all the ports they visit, but the first two I brought up did offer scuba excursions. Take a look at the ports you're stopping at and sign up.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom