Discovery Channel SCUBA SURVIVOR STORIES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior:
DD, interestingly enough, his email came back as Jim Hoffa, not James Hart as he has posted here.
:shocked: We found Jimmy Hoffa - Alive?! :laughing:

Quarrior:
Looks like it's time the huge number of member SB has start an email campaign to The Discovery Channel against this type of thing. A couple thousand emails nicely asking them not to pay for this type of trash might go a long way to stopping it in it's tracks.

It might work for some companies, but for tv distributors its all about ratings. Ratings ARE direct feedback from the consumer and pretty much trump any other kind of feeback. I mean, how much stock would you put in 50-100 negative letters when 20,000 people were confirmed to have watched the show beginning to end?

I tried to get more information about Scuba Survivor Stories. There doesn't seem to be any show in the works with that title, and the name James Hart doesn't come up. That doesn't mean a whole lot as the name would be under the production company, not the individual, and the title may have been changed.

However, it could mean that this person is putting together a proposal for a show that he hopes will get picked up by Discovery. He would have to get some initriguing stories first in order to generate interest from the company. In his correspondence with divers he may bend the truth and say he's already connected with Discovery. More people will come forward if they think they'll be on national television.

sensationalism, although inticing to the 'inner human animalistic insticts', is not an encouraging or insightful piece of work. it leads to irrational behavior of those uninformed. it negatively affects those that do care.

pick another topic... for example public safety diver, a dive organization that is sacrificing thier own lives to serve the public and bring closure to so many tragic mishaps.

A full feature movie is already done...

Isn't there ANYONE in the biz that has an original idea??

Or maybe unoriginal, but something that might actually HELP bring attention to issues or problems?

Here is a VERY radical idea, how about doing a story on the total devistation of diving/boats/bizs in the VERO beach area. There are certainly no shortage of people who have lost businesses, homes, boats, etc., etc., that could use some help.

The media, and networks have all but forgot that FL was hit by hurricanes way back in October. I guess since they can no longer show foolish reporters getting blown about by wind, that the billions of dollars in damage is boorish.

Ron

James Hart:
I'm producing for a Discovery Channel story and am looking for a great
SCUBA survivor story. Preferably, the story would be about a diver who got
left behind or an equally impelling survivor tale. We are going to have a person re-enact the surviving tale. Some great stories on these threads
but need to contact the divers directly! If you have a story please email
me at bestofcali2003@yahoo.com If your story is selected we would like to interview on camera.

Jame Hart

want a good businees , cater to the HUMAN MISERY.

Example :

Funeral Homes
Hospitals
Religion
NEws (90 % misery , 9 product plug, 1 % good)
Alcohol
Drugs

all above caters to Human misery.

RonFrank:
A full feature movie is already done...

Isn't there ANYONE in the biz that has an original idea??
Maybe they can do a new reality show. Left Behind… ten divers get off the boat but only nine are allowed back on. They could vote during the surface interval. Lots of drama to be had… Brian narrowly avoided death by switching to his regulator after beginning is dive with his snorkel in his mouth, etc... Almost writes itself.

ColdH2Odvr:
Maybe they can do a new reality show. Left Behind… ten divers get off the boat but only nine are allowed back on. They could vote during the surface interval. Lots of drama to be had… Brian narrowly avoided death by switching to his regulator after beginning is dive with his snorkel in his mouth, etc... Almost writes itself.
I lost the pair I was diving with and surfaced alone at the south end of the Cozumel channel once - back when I thought I was a good enough diver to do that :wacko: and without my surface glasses, could not see them, our boat, or any boat, and - there was a rare north to south current pushing me toward Belize. I laid down on my Dive Alert, and a six-pack picked me up.

Before I could be transferred to my boat, the local picked up the DM and his six customers - all from Oklahoma. They found out where I was from and voted me off of the boat. :lol2:

I hope they at least gave you a fresh tank!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom