Discovery Channel Episode shows how tanks are made

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The show is called: How things are made.

I saw the episode today and it was very interesting and now I will stop complaining about how much they cost. They show the pressed version. There is a scene of a worker installing a Worthington label so I guess it is in their factory.
The episode also included hockey pucks and wool thread.

The show is called: How things are made.

I just found it interesting and thought some of my fellow SB'ers would as well.

I have that episode saved in my tivo. :D

Do you know when it is airing again?

Thanks, Mark

Dangit...I checked Discovery's website, and they are re-playing every other episode of the show from now until mid July, but not the one with the tanks (episode #29 if anyone is interested).

Hopefully they'll air it again soon, so I can DVR it.

Hell, it took me almost 2 years to DVR the DiscoveryHD program where they had GI3 doing FL caving with JJ and the WKPP.

to bad I missed it, I'll have to check when it is on again (after July, I guess)

Thanks for the info

That's a fantastic program, one of our fine Canadian filmed television shows with amazing production value lol. That Worthington factory is here in Ontario, I'm trying to figure out how to get a job there and get a discount on tanks! haha. My LDS owner tells me that the Worthingtons are made here, shipped to Sea Pearls and XS Scuba, then shipped back for sale here in Canada...makes no sense to me but what do I know.

phunk:
I have that episode saved in my tivo. :D

Can you upload it to www.veoh.com :huh:
Love to see it

Making of aluminum scuba tanks:

Making of steel scuba tanks:

Enjoy...

Back
Top Bottom