Discover scuba from hell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grazie42:
A bit off-topic but did anyone ever really go into your shop and say: "I´d like to pay fullprice for an OW course but could we please dive as little/less than possible for the same price?!

Why do you say full price? If they wanted to get credit for having already done CW 1 and OW 1 I don't think they wouldn't expect to pay for it again.
This has always baffled me about the PADI system, why do thet have this "option"? I´d never accept getting fewer dives then prescribed for any given course and I don´t understan why anyone else would want to do fewer dives then possible when the price is the same?!

What PADI wants if for people to be able to walk in off the street and get in the water right away by doing a program like a resort course (descover scuba diving) and then get credit for part of their OW class. The idea is to make it easier and more attractice to get certified and to let them get in the water as soon as possible without having to do a bunch of book and pool work first.
Maybe you proffesionals out there could give me/us an idea of how common it is to "skip" dives after requests from students?

Again, it isn't skipping dives and I think it's very common in resort areas.

Back
Top Bottom