Disconnect drysuit hose when not diving dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Those of you that dive dry, when you're not diving dry, i.e., warm water vacations, do you disconnect the drysuit hose or just let it dangle off the regulator? Thanks for your help.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

I use a hose retainer and clip it off to my harness or BCD. The regular removal and replacement of the hose can create some problems. The hose fitting can be damaged, and should never be excessively tightened.

Yes, the dangling hose can create problems, but I believe that for the most part that danger is the lesser of two evils.

Greg

melfox26:
Those of you that dive dry, when you're not diving dry, i.e., warm water vacations, do you disconnect the drysuit hose or just let it dangle off the regulator? Thanks for your help.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

Just take it off, use the proper size of wrench and plug the orifice. It is just an o-ring seal and low pressure at that so do not over tighten any fitting.

Jeff Lane

should be secured or removed, not left dangling...for multi-day use, I'd take it off.

I tuck the hose under the cylinder camband, keeps it out of the way and saves the hassle of removing it, trying to remember where I put the blanking plug, finding the right sized allen wrench to fit the plug....

:)

I have a SS dogclip on mine and clip it off to the left waist dring if diving wet (seldom) or using argon. Removing and replacing it all the time is a waste of time. As long as the hose isn't floppin in the breeze it isn't going to bother anything.
I would take it off for a tropical trip, but otherwise, no.

MD

I have an older model 4 port Scuba Pro 1st stage. The dry suit hose is on a T with the BC inflator hose. When I am not diving dry, I tuck it behind my wing and under the tank bands. Its out of the way.

When I am DMing I keep it tucked like this. It sometimes prompts questions which I take as an opportunity to expand on buying quality gear because it lasts a long time, and the joys of dry diving.

TwoBit

For anything more than just a day, I just take it off. It only takes a minute.

I remember when I went on a warm water holiday and I left it on, kind of like a badge of honour. Yep, thats a hose for my drysuit!

Then I realized that it's more *cool* to take the hose of and dive with a rig that doesn't have danglies or equipment that isn't required.

When ever I go warm water diving I want as little on me as possible so I take off the hose. I keep the lpugs from my reg in my save a dive kit with a allen wrench.

You know what I get a kick out of? Somewhere out there, someone is diving in a wetsuit, perhaps on a Carribean vacation right now, and they have a drysuit hose dangling on there as either the badge of honour or because they're too lazy to take it off.

They're also diving an Air2, because "it's one less hose to manage."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom