Disconnect drysuit hose when not diving dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please excuse the noobe question, but are you guys talking about diving wet in a dry suit? If so, exactly how does that work and why would you do that? I'm going to do the dry specialty next month in a Fusion (partly because TS&M, yours (and others) experience since its intro seems stellar, and because Ive helped my instructor uncomfortably climb in and out of his DUI and it seems way worse than my 8/7 semi). Thanks for the patience.

when diving in a dry suit, it is necessary to have an extra low pressure hose to hook up to your dry suit in order to add gas to it as you go deeper, and the suit compresses.

So, many of use have this extra hose coming off of our first stages when we use a wetsuit. This thread is about what to do with this extra hose, when diving in a wetsuit.

You will learn all about this during your dry suit specialty course.

So, many of use have this extra hose coming off of our first stages when we use a wetsuit. This thread is about what to do with this extra hose, when diving in a wetsuit.

Oh right, I get it. I'm aware of the inflator hose. And I was thinking I just found the holy grail - a suit you can dive both wet and dry - one suit for every occasion! haha Thanks.

I have never taken my inflater hose off. The only time I dive wet is in Riveria Maya and am always colder there than I am at home. Next trip I am taking a White's Fusion and there will never be a reason to take the hose off.

Those of you that dive dry, when you're not diving dry, i.e., warm water vacations, do you disconnect the drysuit hose or just let it dangle off the regulator? Thanks for your help.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

I feed it through the keepers for the hose for my BCD. Doesn't dangle.

Just take it off, use the proper size of wrench and plug the orifice. It is just an o-ring seal and low pressure at that so do not over tighten any fitting.

+1

I do the same with my dry suit hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom