Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nova (and others),

This part of the board is for the DIR divers to discuss their system without a bunch of non-productive comments to egg everybody on into full-fledged flame wars. You don't agree the system. I don't entirely agree with it either, but it has some points that I choose to "steal" for my own diving. Your point has been made several times.

If you don't like what the others are saying here, maybe it is time for you to get out of this forum and check out the other areas of SB where you might be happier and let this thread die so that lurkers like myself can find more useful information and you can look up information from divers that you have more in common with.

The equine has perished. Maybe it is time to quit using that whip on it.

diverbrian:
Nova (and others),

This part of the board is for the DIR divers to discuss their system without a bunch of non-productive comments to egg everybody on into full-fledged flame wars. You don't agree the system. I don't entirely agree with it either, but it has some points that I choose to "steal" for my own diving. Your point has been made several times.

If you don't like what the others are saying here, maybe it is time for you to get out of this forum and check out the other areas of SB where you might be happier and let this thread die so that lurkers like myself can find more useful information and you can look up information from divers that you have more in common with.

The equine has perished. Maybe it is time to quit using that whip on it.

blah blah blah blah, when there was a thread in the basic dive discussions about being non DIR, all the DIR divers pounced and changed the tone of the thread to pro DIR, therefore I think it is quite acceptable to flame bait in this forum.

It is becoming almost like DIR is some protected minority group that no one can can make ANY comment about, oh that's racist , oh feminist oh DIRist get out of my forum.

Lighten up guys

RichLockyer:
CBF thinks that the DMV is guilty of discrimination because they won't let a blind person have a driver's license. After all, they DO have braille instructions on the drive-up ATM.

Blind people have more trouble using (and finding) the walk-up ATMs than they do getting in a taxi and having it take them to the drive-through.

(One of those odd things you learn doing user-interface design.)

lairdb:
Blind people have more trouble using (and finding) the walk-up ATMs than they do getting in a taxi and having it take them to the drive-through.

Finally I learned something interesting in this thread, even though it took 463 posts. Who'da thunk it.

lairdb:

Now that you mention it, it seems obvious.

I can't believe I learned that in the middle of a DIR flame war zone. I guess it's true - Life IS like a box of chocolates.... So, there is only one real question left. Is Forest Gump DIR? :11:

Christian

headhunter:
Now that you mention it, it seems obvious.

I can't believe I learned that in the middle of a DIR flame war zone. I guess it's true - Life IS like a box of chocolates.... So, there is only one real question left. Is Forest Gump DIR? :11:

Christian
Forest Gump!!?? How can you ask a question like that!? The way that guy got his s**t together - he's just got to be!

No, he just hasn't taken the class. Unless something came down from higher up, he should be able to take it.

MikeFerrara:
I thought I hear that they didn't let him do the class?

:shakehead Did someone let Karl back in?

novadiver:
Emoticons?Did you mean emotions or do you use the keyboard with one hand also?I hope your Gue cert opens doors for you. Behind those doors I'm sure you'll find cleaning supplies!! Now I do feel relaxed. If you were the very best diver around, I would still dive solo just so I would'nt have to listen to the load of @#$! that spews from your yap.LOL3

Who calls someone DUDE?please grow up.:)

btw, I forgot to mention this in the last reply. For the really slow people out there.

emoticons = emotional icons

novadiver:
Emoticons?Did you mean emotions or do you use the keyboard with one hand also?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom