Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It really makes me laugh. The minute a DIR diver calls someone a stroke, say anything really about other diving styles or even defend there way of diving they get a warning or a suspension i have seen it so many times but a NON DIR diver can get away will calling DIR Nazi's, Kool-Aid Drinkers, Lemmings, Arrogant, Mindless, etc. and nothing is ever said. Do i see a double standard? Its crazy, how do those posts not get pulled?

medic_diver45:
I'm new to all this: What is DIR?

I think you can tell by the response that people skills are not needed to dive DIR but don't let that put you off . Try to learn from all the dive agencys about the sport of diving and use what's best for you. remember there will always be someone like me to even out the scales so other divers can injoy the life underwater as they see fit.

Uncle Pug:
Folks who do not have a personal experience with DIR (i.e. actual GUE training and experience diving DIR) cannot really comment accurately as to any downsides.

Come on UP ..... You got to admit one downside....... Diving with O-ring!!!!!!

Or at least having to listen to him.

Work with me on this....

You are the voice or reason... I must submit... You are GREAT at this, but don't you agree on this point?

have seen it so many times but a NON DIR diver can get away will calling DIR Nazi's, Kool-Aid Drinkers, Lemmings, Arrogant, Mindless, etc. and nothing is ever said.

As the best of the best we DIR divers can shrug of insults as only those who know that they are the best can.

Viscya:
Come on UP ..... You got to admit one downside....... Diving with O-ring!
But he is a warm water weenie and won't come out here to the PNW where only men and manly women can survive.

Uncle Pug:
As the best of the best we DIR divers can shrug of insults as only those who know that they are the best can.

I ment that as a complment... To you any way.

Viscya:
Enough said.
Damn..make a few trips to North Carolina and Florida and you get branded a warm water weenie..

Where are you "real" divers diving that the conditions are so much more challenging than offshore Virginia Beach and Ocean City?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom