Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan:
I just watched this movie. Heck of a flick. There is nothing wrong with a man thinking a little highly of himself.

At least Cincy put 6 on the board with their new QB. Garcia.....well....They had a goose egg on game 1 didn't they?
The real season will tell. You have two shots at the Browns to boost your boast factor.

It seems like there is a lot of misinformation and ignorance being posted in this thread with regards to DIR and buddy selection. Diving with someone who is not DIR does NOT make you NOT DIR. Diving with someone who is unsafe, however, is definitely not DIR, but you don't have to be DIR to not want to dive with someone who is unsafe.

Every time I see negative feedback for DIR, it is usually from people that do not know anything about it and repeat what they have read on the Internet.
I would be curious to hear from somebody that has actually taken the class and dove with DIR people.
Well, how likely is that ??? :D

Rubis:
Every time I see negative feedback for DIR, it is usually from people that do not know anything about it and repeat what they have read on the Internet.
I would be curious to hear from somebody that has actually taken the class and dove with DIR people.
Well, how likely is that ??? :D

Personally I think the whole DIR issue simply comes down to personal preference. If you dive DIR, then wonderful; if you are comfy and safe, that is all that counts!

If you dive in your own way, as long as you are comfy and safe; does it really matter. The objective of any technical dive has to be to come back alive and without injury!

Paul

Boogie711:
Well - he IS a PADI Divemaster. Maybe I offended his self worth?

Now WE all Know that the DIR divers are the best divers around so this little quiz should be no problem for this group.

1) the RGBM theory of diving differs from the Haldain theory in what ways?

2) A dive profile to 140 fsw for 15 minute on air with a 2 minute safety stop at 10 feet is safe?

3) 1.6 ata ox toxes after how much time?

4) What's the deepest air dive posible?

5)What dive org. teaches comprihensive dive history?

6) what was the goat used for?

My point is that if you follow a cult you will get the COOL AID

novadiver:
Now WE all Know that the DIR divers are the best divers around so this little quiz should be no problem for this group.

1) the RGBM theory of diving differs from the Haldain theory in what ways?

2) A dive profile to 140 fsw for 15 minute on air with a 2 minute safety stop at 10 feet is safe?

3) 1.6 ata ox toxes after how much time?

4) What's the deepest air dive posible?

5)What dive org. teaches comprihensive dive history?

6) what was the goat used for?

My point is that if you follow a cult you will get the COOL AID

I find it sadly ironic that none of these questions - which are supposedly dive TRAINING questions - deal with neutral trim, dive teams and bouyancy.

Originally Posted by Rubis
Well, how likely is that ???
I havnt taken any classes because they dont speak DIR in my area
I do dive with Dir divers and instructors ,,, and the food part seams to stick out the most
I have seen some pretty big and out of shape DIR divers

Now on the other side
I have dove with folks who will start talking bad about DIR without the subject even being brought up
(Mainly from PADI instructors)

I was even told by a Padi Instructor that my DIR-F book was the biggest joke he has ever read

I am not a borg diver
but my gear looks dir to most and I follow the points I believe to be sound

Just my two cents

feel free to flame ,,I can take it :wink:

Dive safe

mark s

O-ring:
It seems like there is a lot of misinformation and ignorance being posted in this thread
You sound surprised...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom