Disabled Travel Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan Cunningham

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi All,

I busy preparing a travel guide for disabled travelers. Diving being my niche market in the travel business, the guide will focus on dive travel for disabled divers. However, the outline has grown to include any travelers going to sunny destinations.

Being disabled myself, as well as being a dive instructor, I will be testing out many of the destinations myself. (I get great travel perks as a travel agent.) Although I have quite a few destinations on my list already, I need a hell of a lot more.

I do not need to know what diving is like at various destinations. I need to know what dive operators can handle handicapped divers. I would also like to know what hotels people have been to that have rental BEACH WHEELCHAIRS.

Actually, any feedback that anyone thinks would be useful in a travel guide for disabled divers would be appreciated. You can pm me or email me at bentdiver@live.com

PS: Edition one will focus on the Caribbean.

Many thanks in advance

Bryan

San Diego, Ca. : The Marissa, can accommodate adaptive divers. It's small boat 22+- divers, but could handle a couple of wheel chairs.
Ventura, Ca. : those are the only two boats that I have been on that I would recommend at this time.
Both can provide a sit and roll type of entry. You may need to educated the crew and volunteers as to how to assist you with getting back on the boat.
Good Divin,
SoCalRich

Back
Top Bottom